Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oomph! Cranky Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oomph! Cranky Day!

Oy! I don't know what my problem is today, but I'm a wench! My kids seem to be jumping on my raw nerves, and my fuse is super-short. Grrrr!

They are WHINEY and I probably have no one to blame but myself! WHINE!!!

Here, have my sister's favorite...

Could be menopause.

Feel better :@

Comment

Maybe you're pregnant.

We're not helping, are we?
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Ha! Ha! HA ! Angie - my dear.

No - not pregnant, but I foolishly have an appointment to have the IUD removed Monday. What the hell am I thinking?

On the flip side, when dh came home I bitched and whined and said I wanted to "go out". I'd sent the boys downstairs to clean their disaster area, and dh went down, eventually helping them clean it ALL UP. While I was out, I got a pedi, too.

So now I guess I can't be so cranky. Thanks for your support all !

Comment

Jenn, you have our permission to always be cranky when you can get a pedi out of it.

Have you slapped that third child of yours around about his smoking yet? You are a much nicer girl that I would be. (of course, being the vehement ex-smoker, I can grandstand all I want, while walking next to outdoor restaurants inhaling as deeply as I can)

My bestest pal wants to get an IUD (or IOU as one drunken pal referred to it one night of girls tell all) so do tell (or PM) your opinion.

J.

Comment

An IOU...

Yeah, some days just suck. It takes a while for the kids to learn that when they have a bad day, they need to hang in their rooms but when I'm having a bad day, everyone needs to be nice to me. (Just kidding. Mostly).

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
              Have you slapped that third child of yours around about his smoking yet? You are a much nicer girl that I would be. (of course, being the vehement ex-smoker, I can grandstand all I want, while walking next to outdoor restaurants inhaling as deeply as I can)
              I have, and he *is* smoke free - for roughly a week now, I think. Honestly I think that's why I'm so cranky lately (or at least part of why). He's edgy, and I have SO little patience for him b/c I don't know if this is *for real* or not. We've had so many attempts, and I've always tread lightly, bit my tongue, put up w/a lot I wouldn't normally take - all in the name of a successful stop, and then it failed. I've not been as helpful this time - but so far it does seem that he's truly working at it.

As far as the IUD, I've been quite vocal (via typing) about my love for it. I'm a tad bit nervous about the removal though. The receptionist I was trying to schedule with told me I probably couldn't do both my annual and the IUD removal at the same time, because "sometimes those move around in there and can be difficult to get out" We'll have to see late Monday afternoon if I think 3.5 years of carefree birthcontrol / no "feminine product" expenses was worth whatever "searching" has to take place.

Comment

It can't be any worse than my experience getting Norplant out of my arm. The initial insertion (there were SIX sticks) the doctor only implanted five, and after I got home they realized that they had forgotten one. (My immediate thought was "you can't add to six? You made it through medical school without being able to add?") I had to rush back and they stuck in the last one. Fast forward a few years and when they were getting them back out, the sixth one was no where near the others so they had to dig around in my arm until they found it and then had to pull it out with pliers.

So, I hope for your sake, there are no pliers involved!!

Jenn

Comment

Not to minimize your pain, but the idea of someone digging around in my arm is a tad easier to bear than the idea of someone digging around in my ... nether-regions.

On the "cranky day" front, I have to say that I've CHOSEN to snap out of it. I have GOT to remember that I am SO fortunate. My children are healthy, my husband is well-employed, I am able to CHOOSE to be home with them. And I'm lucky enough that on a bad day I CAN go get a pedi! I'm not so far removed from when that wasn't even remotely an option.

Note to self: Suck it up, girlfriend!

Thanks for not smacking me silly - friends.

Comment

Working...
                  X