Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Blueberry Patch Debacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberry Patch Debacle

My neighbor and I decided to take our combined 5 children to a u-pik blueberry patch about 45 minutes from here. We've had lovely weather for the past 3 days (high 70's, low 80's ... unheard of for KS in June), but didn't decide to go until YESTERDAY (96 degrees). It was SO hot, the kids were atrocious in the car, we were sweating, probably had sun stroke, the baby (10 months) was nearly sunburned. We were both so fried ....

The upside is that my kids were totally worn out and fell asleep for mega naps (non-medicated this time). The downside is that we decided the kids COULD NOT play together today as punishment for their behavior.

eta: today & tomorrow are supposed to reach 99! thank God it's fixed!!!!!

Jenn you need to write a book. I really enjoy your stories., you may not mean to but you make me laugh. On one hand I miss having littleones, then I read your stories and thank the stars I have paid my dues with very few lingering scars.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I like your stories too. Having recently experienced high non-humid heat, I can just imagine how much "fun" there was to be had!

A silver lining to see that you really could wear them out to the point of exhaustion without medication?

Comment

thanks guys.

how 'bout today's 97 degree heat with my a/c broken in my 3 year old house??? at one point the cable / phone / internet was on the fritz, too, and I thought I was going to lose my mind!

the sun will come out, tomorrow, when the a/c repairman gets here between 9 & 11 ... la la la.

Comment

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your a/c is an easy, inexpensive fix.

Do you have a basement?

Comment

Basements are great. Even better if they are unfinished concrete. We once moved the computer system and a desk and chairs down to the basement to deal with a heat wave. Lots of little kid computer games on mommy's lap - with icy drinks at hand.

I hope your A/C is fixed very soon - and for little money.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

a/c fixed. $186. mainly our fault b/c the filter hadn't been changed in awhile, and the unit itself was kind of blocked by grass clippings, etc. It's on the side of the house we never see .... yeah - I'll be better about that. fortunately I turned it off before we "popped a hole" in whatever could have popped a hole in, or that would have meant charging yearly (some environmental damage I'm guessing, too).

Comment

Working...
              X