Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Our petsitting services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:ra: Maybe DH should consider a fellowship in hamsterology.

I think the safety pins should do it. That would save you from having to buy something new to contain the critter till September. Good thinking!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Our girls had built a fort behind the couch with the blankets tucked in the books on the bookshelf. There is an ottoman underneath that and he was huddled in the corner. Nice and cozy hamster hiding spot. He tried to bolt but like I said, DH is the hamster whisperer.

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
        DH is the hamster whisperer.
        all that education, and THAT is what I intend to call him if I ever meet him in person.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
          Originally posted by nmh
          DH is the hamster whisperer.
          all that education, and THAT is what I intend to call him if I ever meet him in person.
          Love the nickname!! What a relief that the hamster was found alive. WOW, I can't believe what he did to that paperclip!

Comment

This story cracked me up. What we do for our kids!

BTW, we are pet sitting two Chinese fire belly toads: Fiero and Fuego. However, if one dies, I'm sure we'll pony up $5 for "Firenze" the replacement.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That is SO funny!
              I missed all the action!

My brother brought home the class hamster and it disappeared from its cage. My mom bought the class a new one, but in the middle of the night after we had the new hamster all decked out in Hamster 1's cage, my dad heard some rattling. Hamster 1 had made its way to a deck and was trying to get down a storm pipe. So we had two hamsters...

Luckily my mom could get the money back for Hamster 2. $5 or something.

They bite! I don't like them!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Unbelievable. Peanut got one of the safety pins off. Safety pin, people! Not a paper clip!

Comment

Definitely set up a camera if you can. The kids at the school would probably love to see it when school starts. Maybe "Peanut" should really be "Houdini"?
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                    Unbelievable. Peanut got one of the safety pins off. Safety pin, people! Not a paper clip!
                    Gee ... I could use Peanut the next time I'm pinned into a sari and am having a hard time getting out.

Note to self: No matter how hard child whines to "petsit" for a summer, the answer is NO!

Comment

How do they keep him in the cage during the school year?
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Good question. They didn't! For a while, the teacher didn't think they would need a summer babysitter for Peanut until someone discovered him alive and well in a trashcan. That is when he got the paperclips added to the cage doors.

Comment

Working...
                        X