Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Daily schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily schedule

Do any of you SAHM have daily schedule for the kids and yourself ?

Ours is a very loose schedule, since I try to go mainly by seeing how he is doing/feeling rather than by the clock, but this is roughly what we do on a daily basis:

6:30am (ish) - Wake/Nurse
    7:30-8:30 - Get dressed/play
    8:30-9:30 - Nap (during this time I work out, shower, etc.)
    9:30 - Nurse
    10:00-11:30 - Play/Read books
    11:30 - Eat
    12:00 - Play/Read books
    12:30 - Nap (I eat my lunch, check email, etc.)
    1:30 - Nurse
    2:00-4:00 - Run errands/walk dog/play (there's usually another nap in here while we walk the dog)
    4:00 - Nurse
    5:00 - Dinner preparation
    6:00 - Dinner
    6:45-7:30 - Bath/bedtime preparation
    7:30 - Bedtime

Like I said, this is a rough schedule of what we do every day. The times are just an estimate of when we do things based on how he's feeling. Mondays we have playgroup and Tuesdays we have Baby & Me classes, so on those days our routine gets a little disrupted but otherwise it's usually the same.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We do! We thrive on a routine.

We get up around 6-6:30. The kids have a cup of milk and watch a little Noggin. We play, hang out and around 8:30 they have breakfast and I take a shower. After they're done with breakfast they get dressed(sometimes) brush teeth and hair then its outside. The little one stays in with me while I sweep the kitchen and do the dishes and laundry. Then the two of us go outside and play and ride bikes with the other two kiddos. We come in have lunch, I put the little one down for a nap then the older ones and I go lay on my bed and read and play. Sometimes they get a little bit of Noggin TV in the afternoon but not much. After the little one gets up around 3pm they have snack and back outside we go. Around 5 we all come in, I start dinner....we eat between 5:30-6, then straight to the tub they go. Dh when home, does the baths and I do the dishes. They get a cup of milk and we hang out with daddy(when home) and read, horse around or play with toys, brush their teeth and off to bed at 7:30. My kids know nothing other than routine. Its great 99% of the time, but that 1% of the time we want to go out or disrupt their schedule....It sucks.

I guess Im not sure if you wanted me to tell you all that....but that is pretty much my day...EVERY STINKING DAY! (of course there is room in there for 14,000 diaper changes, 6000 boo boos to kiss and what ever else needs to be done. )
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Nope. Not a schedule person AT ALL, and I'm clinging to the last year of 'low-maintenance schedule' by choosing PM kindergarten. We've always kind of done whatever, whenever, and the boys have done well with it.

Comment

I was never great at a schedule, either. I just went with what the kids gravitated to......until my oldest started school, which coincided with me working part time. Still, even though we had to be out the door at a certain time in the morning, and there was a definite bedtime, when I wasn't at work, I still kept things pretty loosey-goosey as far as a schedule at home. Even now that I have two in school and one in pre-school, on the days when my youngest is home, we play things by ear while the older two are at school.

I could never have typed out a schedule like mom2three did! But I always admired people who had schedules like that. Just not my personality, I guess! (But DEFINITELY my husband's! )

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I've found that it is hard to stick to a schedule with dh's ever changing schedule, so we prefer to just go with the flow. DS is pretty predictable as far as needing to go down for a nap x number of hours after waking up in the morning so we just try to work around that.

Here is what a typical day is like when it is just the two of us at home:

8:00a: I wake up & shower (most days )

8:30: ds wakes up, nurses, gets dressed

9:00: play

9:30: prep & eat breakfast

10:00: play/swimming/park/errands

12:00: prep & eat lunch

12:30: storytime

1:00: nap - I clean, do yard work, or get caught up on calls/emails (and sometimes I nap. )

3:00: wake up, snack

3:30: outdoor play

4:30: prep dinner

5:00: eat

5:30: bike or walk

7:00: storytime, bathtime

7:45: nurse, bedtime

8:00-midnight: I clean, get caught up on anything I wasn't able to get to earlier, and I get some "me" time. If dh is home then we usually watch a movie or one of our recorded shows.

Comment

I have always marveled at the "experts" who say that kids need a schedule and routine. We don't have one. When the kids are sleep, I put them down for naps. When they are hungry, we eat. When they are playful, we play.

I know schedules work for some people, but it really annoys me! I have had friends who won't go anywhere between the hours of __ and __ because that's lunch or that's nap time. Yikes! To be so scheduled that it interferes with your kids ability to get out into the world and do something is weird to me.

We like to go with the flow, and it has helped a lot in residency. We can go to the pool late in the day after dad gets home from work, or have impromptu fun outings without all the planning around schedules.

I just like it better this way. I would crumble under a schedule.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We had a very loose schedule before daycare started.

7ish get up, eat, change clothes, etc.

10ish go for a walk until 11:30 or so

Noonish lunch

Nap sometime after that.

Play time in the afternoon

5pm, relax- if daddy was home they'd both be allowed to watch Elmo, otherwise if I was cooking, Elmo kept him out of the kitchen and away from food prep

6ish dinner

7ish bath (if it was going to happen- Nikolai has really dry skin and does much better with a bath every few days)

8ish bedtime.

Now we're up at 7:30, out the door at 8 for arrival at school at 8:05 and then I come home and get ready. We're still trying to stick to the 8pm bedtime but it's been a little harder now that we're in the toddler bed.

Jenn

Comment

We do not have a schedule. There are some places and things we do in a routine fashion, but there is no daily schedule.

Comment

Working...
                  X