Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Potty training...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladybug
    She did it!! She showed me her potty and asked for chocolate chips. I felt so smug. I had found the answer. Potty training by chocolate. Then...she got up from her high chair with poo-poo in her panties and chair.

:thud:

I give up. If chocolate won't do it nothing will.
    I will be trying this tomorrow!
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I tried a pull-up on Nikolai yesterday. It was a size 2T. It swam on his skinny little body. I mean there were three inch gaps of exposed butt on each leg hole! Talk about useless. Guess we need to wait until he fills out or just skip the things all together.

Jenn

Comment

From my limited experience, it seems like they get one thing or another -- pee or poop -- more easily. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
          skip the things all together.
          skip 'em all together. i swear if i have another i will NOT use pull-ups for anything but overnight. it's "the man's" way of tricking us into buying diapers longer than we needed to, and the kid just thinks of it as a diaper.

Comment

We found pull ups to be a bit of a waste too. We also just made the leap to underpants for ds2. I'm anticipating some poo trouble, but hopefully by the end of summer we'll be done. Feel free to make me eat my words in January though.

Comment

Totally agree about the Pull-Ups. IMO, they add nothing to the potty training process.

Yet, I buy them. The up side is that DD can do more to dress herself. That is the only benefit I see.

Comment

Stickers!!! I was able to get my daughter to want to sit on her potty for a sticker 4 times today. She hasn't pee'd or pooped in the toilet yet, but I suppose this is a process of baby steps.

I have the M&M's in the cupboard and I keep telling her that when she makes a pee pee or poopy in the potty she can have some M&M's. I don't know if she even gets the connection, but she keeps asking about the M&Ms. So there is hope! Thanks.
                Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Potty training

Boy do I remember the potty training woes. All three of my very bright, capable children decided to go on the potty when they were 3+...I tried every trick in the book, and watched all my friend's children going at 2, 2 1/2. My youngest was the kicker...He was afraid, no, terrified,.. to sit on the potty and refused the potty chair. Even he decided one day he was going to do it. He never went poop in his pants or wet his bed again. Just one day he did it. No bribes or stickers or anything. He just turned four and now insists on taking all clothes off to go #2. Hopefully, this is just another phase.

Comment

way to go! does your preschool allow pullups? Ours have always forbidden it. Either way, I suggest trying the underware while at school. If she sees other kids going, etc. she'll probably be more likely to keep doing it. Both of my kids were really 'on the fence' - still having accidents, etc. and preschool is what pushed them to finish.

sometimes peer pressure can be a beautiful thing.

Comment

Way to go! It must feel wonderful after the hard work. Go Girl!

We have backed off completely because DD#2 has zero interest. I am bummed because she is almost three, but I dont' want to make a big issue out of it. I guess I will have two in diapers for awhile.

Our preschool allowed pull-ups if they were the Huggies Convertible. DD#1 got motivated at preschool and that is really where she first started going.

Jennifer
                      Needs

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                        I didn't even have to clean the poop this morning!!!!!!!!!!
                        YAY!! :ra: That is the big payoff in the end, isn't it?
                        Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

Working...
                        X