Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Michele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michele

Hmm...you're asking today? Today...the day I spent 4 hours in L&D triage b/c of my BP and edema.... Umm....I feel OK. Overall my only pregnancy complaints had been reflux and some ankle edema (oh and the sleeping stuff)...but the edema seems to be creeping up my legs and really filling out my hands. To where it's uncomfortable to move my legs and use my hands. My BP was 159/96 when I went in today...I went in b/c the edema seemed worse and when I checked my BP at the grocery store it was 135/95 (normal pre-preg for me was 110/60). So of course, I look it up online and found out all the symptoms of pre-e and made a bunch of them fit for me....things I clearly could contribute to "just pregnancy"...like the floaty lightening bug thingies, the occ. pains in my upper belly, occ. dizziness, blurry vision, weight gain (almost 15 pounds this past month)....so after completely freaking myself out, I went to get checked out. Blood work was ok, had some protein in my urine so I have to do the 24 hour catch, and my BP went down to normal (120/75) after laying in bed hooked up to the fetal monitor for a few hours. Baby seems fine and very content...kept kicking the monitor.

I'm feeling more and more like a beached whale everyday and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it another 10 weeks...but at least I don't have any responsibilities besides the pups...and they're easy to care for...they *like* nap time. 8)

I am really excited about meeting the baby...I can't believe we've held out not finding out the gender...it makes it crazy exciting. We finally ordered some nursery furniture, and we're going to start painting the room. Definitely makes it seem more real...I'm just hoping that I don't become officially pre-eclamptic and require early induction and what-not.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Michelle- sorry to hear about your preclampsia symptoms. I hope it was a fluke and I am glad the blood pressure resolved. I can't imagine being in LA in the summer and pregnant. On our vacation to SC, I was very swollen which made it uncomfortable. I don't have that as much in Indiana.

I remember thinking the same thing at 30 weeks. How am I going to get through the last 10 weeks. Now I am approaching 34 weeks, and it does seem to go by fast. However, every night when I can't sleep, I dread having x number of days until I won't be pregnant anymore.

May the next 10 weeks be uneventful and you have fun getting the room ready and meeting your little one.

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

The next ten weeks will fly by! Hope your BP stays down, glad that your baby is doing well!
      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Michele,

I actually did develop pre-eclampsia at 39 weeks, which I guess was fortunate because the baby was full-term and healthy for the induction. My problem was that I ignored a lot of the signs and just chalked them up to being pregnant, and ended up in the emergency room being worked up for a pulmonary embolism (sp?) because I was having chest pains. Turns out it was the pre-e and I was induced that day.

My point is that it's good that you're watching out and taking care of yourself, I hope the next 10 weeks pass uneventfully for you!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Michele,
          Take care of youself, put your feet up and relax!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
          X