Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!

I know I am dating myself (36), but does anyone else remember this commercial!
    If only I could lock myself in the the steamy bathroom full of tropical flowers and just soak :@ and allow the little yahoos to carry on w/ out me!!! I am soooooooooooooooo over motherhood today!!! My older 2 are completely in their "oil& water" :argue: mode today.....whiny and bratty beyond belief! I just grounded them from their Baby Einstein DVDs that DH just purchased from Costco...damn you'd think that I had just ripped their toe nails out, from the way they are carrying on!! My son keeps coming in saying "you know I love you but I miss my DVDs more!!"
    well if that doesn't say it all!

Oh, I know that Calgon phrase! Thought of it many times and the ad where water is running all over, the doorbell and phones are ringing....

I've had one of those days. Some little monkey fiddled with my alarm clock and the CD player went off at 4am. I don't use it much and was pretty much awake by the time I got it off. Grumpy kids who woke up too early and are still sick. DH forgot to give the dog his insulin shot and he peed ALL OVER the house. Bad, bad, bad decision to try to get some back to school clothes shopping done along with everyone else in the greater Portland metro area. I bribed the kids with Orange Julius (I'm not supposed to do that, am I?) and Anna spilled it all over herself in the car. Grocery shopping after that and two of the 5 items on my list were out of stock. After soccer practice, Bryn fell off the monkey bars and I had to ask the soccer coach to carry her back to the car because I just cant. The TV is one and I'm done. :thud:

I'm redeeming a b-day gift certificate for a pedicure tomorrow and I'm going to take in every minute!

Hang in there! Bed time is not too far off.

Comment

I know that commercial! Maybe I'll go have a pedicure and manicure tomorrow since DH is working all weekend. 8)
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

totally know the commercial, and say it many, many times a week.

Nellie - that sounds like a doozy of an afternoon. But remember Scarlett -- "Tomorrow is another day."

Enjoy your pedi!

Comment

Nellie, sounds like an awful day! I hope today is much better. Is Bryn okay?

I too remember the calgon commercial, and if just a bath could take me away, I would be all over that. Unfortunately, I'd have kids banging on the door:
          "MMMOOOOOOMMMM, Lexi is getting into my stuff!"
          "Well, stop her."
          "MOMMY! I wan-na cup a nuk now, peez"
          "Ryan! Ryan! Ryan!" (He has a hearing deficit).
          "What?"
          "Get your sister a cup of milk, and try to make her happy for 15 minutes, please!"
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Wasn't there a part in the commercial where a kid was whining "Mooooooommmmmmm!" ? They should bring that one back.

Thanks for asking, Heidi. She is ok. I think she was just so tired at the end of the day and then the fact that I could not pick her up made walking more difficult (if you know what I mean...). Just some scrapes and bruising on her knee. Poor kid hit knee first and then flat on her face. I was right there and she thought I could catch her but I just slowed her down a little. I had a soccer ball, water bottle, and car keys in my hands and couldn't do much.

So far today is much better!

Pinkpickles -- your kids doing better today?

Comment

Through the use of chemicals, i.e. medications my Russian Mafiosi has finally started to act like a human being again. When the snot started coming out of his eyeballs, I decided we needed to rethink the "just benedryl" thing we had going on.

The doc gave him Singular and some heavy duty anti-biotic and lo and behold, he's lost a whole level of assholiness. Even the daycare ladies were relieved. (and looked a whole lot less exhausted!)

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, I Love You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You sound so much like me!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oh Yeah, I hope everyone else is feeling better!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Pinkpickles -- your kids doing better today?
                    Thanks for asking, but not really...DH even noticed how lousy they have been behaving . He said he felt maybe he was to blame because he didn't pay enough attention to them today?I said nope...their just in a stir crazy mode...you see PHX in the summer is actually worse than Detroit was in the winter! At least you could go out and play in the snow until you were exhausted...here my munchkins are so fare and little, that 105 and pure sun is just too much for them to play in... the few times I do let them play I am having to call them in,every 15 min or so, to sit under the covered patio and sip water. They are just are too young to know when to take breaks! We have a pool although it feels more like a huge bath (H2O hovers around 90F) the problem is you take such a beating from the heat of the sun... and lately, by late afternoon when you might wanna go take a dip ,the monsoon thunderstorms kick in...oh well pretty soon Oct will be here and then they will be able to spend more time outside playing.
                    So to sum it up: stir crazy kids= momma w/ fried nerves! :thud:

Comment

:thud: I'm sorry!

You need a ticker to countdown cooler weather. Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X