Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

bunk beds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KCwife
    Is it bad that I kinda laughed at that video?
    Hope not.

Comment

Comment

the fan will be taken down. i'm just trying to find a light fixture w/which to replace it. as of now the fan is not allowed to be turned on.

i'm really not willing to take the beds apart and have 2 seperate ones. the whole idea of buying the damn things was to conserve space and allow the boys to continue sharing a room. 2 seperate beds would mean they can't be in the same room.

Comment

ummm, it just occurred to me how hideously inappropriate it was for me to post that video in a thread about childhood safety concerns.

Holy Cow, Jenn, that was so totally unintentional. I think it was my inner crazy neighbor coming out to play. :! I'm so sorry...I don't know why that post reminded me of the video (which is awful and funny at the same time) but I am aghast that I posted that here now.

I'm sorry!

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

no worries. i wasn't even remotely offended. (perhaps i should have been - didn't occur to me!) i can totally see Quinn doing that.

Comment

I actually wasn't even thinking about Quinn doing it....sadly, it just reminded me of the video...I don't even have rum and coke as an excuse

Comment

i'm thinking this light fixture would be fun ...

what do you think? dh is worried about the kids trying to hang from it too ... but i'm thinking i'll just arrange it on the ceiling and not let the kids realize the things can be moved.

Comment

Jenn, that looks waaaaaaaaay too inviting.

I was thinking something like this. Boring, boring, boring. Except it kind of looks like a nipple.

Comment

Originally posted by nmh

I was thinking something like this. Boring, boring, boring. Except it kind of looks like a nipple.

Comment

I know! But it's so damn cute! I hate nipple-style ceiling lights!

Comment

This one is still "boring" but a little lest "suggestive" if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                          i'm thinking this light fixture would be fun ...

what do you think? dh is worried about the kids trying to hang from it too ... but i'm thinking i'll just arrange it on the ceiling and not let the kids realize the things can be moved.
                          Oh, yeah, my kids would be swinging from this one.

Comment

Is there a theme in your boys room Jenn?
                            Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                            Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

The theme is mainly 'boy', but we do have a lot of maps in there. I've got a big, cartoonish world map, a cartoonish map of Kansas City, and a map of the US that I mark w/a pin for each place the boys visit. I've also got the "Night Sky Above Cleveland" for the nights the boys were born (the stars / where they were). The previous owners also had 2 boys, and had painted the room in 2 shades of blue, and stenciled trucks, trains, and cars above the chair rail. I like bold, bright colors in the kids room - and generally stick w/lots of red & blue (hey - can't go wrong w/super hero colors). I painted their dresser this weekend, the body is blue and the doors / top drawers are painted w/chalkboard paint.

I'll try to post a pic or two later -- it's hard to get a good angle b/c it's a pretty tiny room.

Comment

Maps...

Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                                Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Working...
                                X