Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you doing in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing in there?

In case you thought you'd understand the kids when they were older....

My son stumbled downstairs yesterday morning at 6 am. He needed to take a shower before school, but dad was in the upstairs shower. I told him he could use the one downstairs. He went in to the bathroom and got in. In the meantime, I had been folding laundry and I decided to leave him a fresh towel. I tiptoed in while he was in the shower, quickly told him that I'd leave him a towel on the counter and then rushed out so the poor kid could have some privacy. (He's 10.) While in the bathroom, I also left the itty bitty guest towels for the sink on the counter - but I didn't hang them up in my rush to leave the room. Can you see where this is going?

I went in to clean up the bathroom this morning after the kids had left for school and found the two small hand towels crumpled on the ground. The clean bath towel sat folded and untouched. You'd have thought he'd have figured out how to select a towel by now,huh? I'm just happy he gets himself ready each morning. I never thought to question the details.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Yes, how does one teach kids common sense?

Along the same lines of Angie's towel incident, I have discover that the issue of when to wear underwear and how many pairs is *perplexing* to some six year olds. One of DS's female classmates showed up to school without underwear under her dress (Her mom/my friend was mortified!). DS wears his underwear occasionally under his swimsuit and on occasion must be reminded to wear underwear. (I've caught him going commando on more than one occasion.) How hard can the concept of underwear be? Seriously?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

My daughter freaks out if she doesn't have underwear under her tights and leotard for ballet. I can't really tell. A friend of mine actually got in trouble for letting her daughter wear her leotard/tights without undies. That's scandalous in some New England ballet preschools apparently.

Underwear IS confusing! (I'd think the Under a Dress rule would be pretty clear though. )
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Yay, our 9 and 10 year old sons ARE normal after all

Comment

I've also caught my son wearing two pairs of underware. Apparently laying out an outfit for school necessitates specific instructions like "Take off the underwear that you are already wearing and replace with the pair that I have set out..."

I kid you not.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We've had that here too!

Usually followed by a "Oh! I forgot!".

At least that's my little one, not the big kid.
            Angie

Comment

Working...
            X