Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Picking up a crying baby.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up a crying baby.........

Help!!! Our 7.5 month old is in the stage where he cries at pretty much everything! I can't leave the room or put him down or even turn my head without him crying. The pediatrician said that I need to set him down and let him cry it out as long as he is fed and changed, but it's sooo hard..........any advice???

personally, im a holder. i dont think you can hold a little one and comfort their needs enough. they cant vent their frustrations at 7.5 months any other way but crying. as long as you have the time, energy, and your other kiddos don't need you...i say hold, snuggle, and love 'em up while he is still little.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I had this problem with ds and I was tld the same thing as you only problem was ds would scream and then vomit his whole bottle hitting the other bed in the room and his sheets and would end up in the bath and another bottle, so on that note I'm a holder he eventually grew out of the intense screaming and reall intense clinging, still likes a cuddle at bedtime after his bath and reading his book and generally falls asleep before its finished. I think he finds it soothing to be in my arms and hear my voice.

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three
        personally, im a holder. i dont think you can hold a little one and comfort their needs enough. they cant vent their frustrations at 7.5 months any other way but crying. as long as you have the time, energy, and your other kiddos don't need you...i say hold, snuggle, and love 'em up while he is still little.
        ditto

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
          ditto

kris
          Me three!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I always held and snuggled them!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My friend who has the best kids ever had a theory that I think is great- she said for the first year of their lives, she revolves around them. That changes once they reach toddlerhood and they need to expore more 'away' from mom (and dad). When her kids cried, she picked them up whenever possible (obviously, she cooked and took showers and attended to the older kids, etc.) because she wanted them to know and understand into their core that mom would be there for them.

Jenn

Comment

I am holder too, if you are talking about going to sleep they might just cry a little bit but I could never let it go for long.

Comment

Me four.

Comment

Another holder Personally, I can either be exhausted holding the baby, or miserable listening to one wail alone. I will take the sore back and the happy baby any day of the week!
                    Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X