Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Random rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random rant

Originally posted by ladybug

I'm so depressed. I used to be an interesting person. Honestly. What the hell happened to me? I've started reading the Girlfriend's Guide to Getting Your Groove Back and it's affirmed my fears. It's a one way street. You can't go back to who you were before. Fudge.

Standard disclaimer: I love my kids and wouldn't trade them for my sanity.

I was thinking exactly the same today. I have days when I feel yuck that all my friends are out, especially at the weekend and I can't, friends begin to not bother asking anymore Having a baby took away the me i knew, the wild party girl, who was carefree, at times irresponsible, I hate not being able to be irresponsible anymore ......things like making the descision to stay out for extra drinks with my friends and staying over in their house and having to go to work in the morning still half jarred. Probably couldn't do it anymore child or no child but they were great days!! I'm still adjusting and trying 'to get to know' the new part of me 'the mommy part', I don't i'll ever be a traditional mum, people are shock when I say I have a son and I'm getting married......'You!!! never thought you were the 'mother' type'

Isn't that the book for the "all your kids are in school" stage? You skipped ahead! Maybe change up the reading list and shelve that for a while. Not so good for a sleep-deprived momma to an infant and toddler.

I hear you, though. I definitely feel that way from time to time.

Comment

I feel your pain on this one, Annie. It is SO exhausting, and the transition from one to two little ones is not easy. Right now it's all about their needs all the time -- it's hard fitting in any "you" time at this stage.

Hey, and I'll attest to the fact that you were and are a FASCINATING person.

Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

Ditto to what Ellie said. You rock.

Comment

I think a sitter or a babysit swap is a great idea. Sitter is better because then you don't have to return the favor. It is amazing what a few hours by myself does for my outlook. Maybe I'm a wimp, maybe I'm easily amused...but it is necessary for my mental health.

Comment

Oh, Annie, I so totally felt that way a few years back. I know this is such a cliche, but it really does go by so fast......except when you are in the middle of it! You will "get your groove back", I promise, in spades! You will be better and stronger than ever, trust me.

I guess I have my groove back now, (if I ever had one to begin with!) but I am so frazzled a lot of the time that I long for those days with my sweet baby boys, when there were no teachers, homework, piano lessons, or sports schedules in the picture.

This is just a season in your life, not the whole story. You are awesome and you are doing important work right now that can best be done only by you. However, that is not to say that you can't "outsource" some of it! I think a sitter/mom's morning out is definitely in order. I would have gone insane without that.

Hang in there.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I can't imagine getting the "me" back because I'm just a plain different person now. I try to imagine getting some kind of life back though....

Comment

Working...
              X