Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trip #2 to the ER...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip #2 to the ER...

Yes, once again, we had a trip to the ER. At least this time it wasn't my fault. Rick is home studying for the boards so I got a call from work and he's totally fired up because Nikolai tripped at daycare and bounced his forehead off of a huge hunk of gravel.

So, off the boys went to the ER, after Rick paused to put on his uniform hoping that he'd get expedited (Army hospital ER)

I got a call an hour later for "emergency ri-ries" (McDonald's French Fries)
    So, I left work, picked up a McNugget Happy Meal and a sandwich for my poor husband who hates McDonald's food w/ a passion. (I got him one of their grilled chicken sandwiches. Although Crystal's story about the chicken nuggets during their move across the country is never far from my mind!)

He had his forehead numbed and then they washed out the wound. I got a wee bit woozy looking at it so I sat while Rick held him. They Dermabonded it. It was good and deep, too. He's been pretty much fine since then, although he did wake up a few times in the night. We medicated with some Tylenol figuring on a head ache but I think he just rolled onto the wound.

Two trips to the ER in four months. Can't wait for the teen-age years!

Jenn

aww hope the wee fella is feeling better soon!

if it makes you feel any better i made 3 trips in one week , 2 were for asthma and the 3rd was when he was feeling better and stuck a crayon up his nose, tried to make him sneee it out with pepper but didn't work, er doctors couldn't get it either so he had to have a general anaesthetic and ENT got it, a green one.

last week he got a lego bucket stuck on his head and it had to be sawed off with the thing they use for cutting plaster casts off!

At least poor Nikolai was accidental and not from lack of supervision like me here

Comment

Poor kiddo! Glad he is doing ok and on the mend.

2nd trip? I guess I missed the first. I hope that is the last for quite a while.

Comment

Wow, glad the little guy is ok!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

ahh, poor little man. i hope he heals quickly.

just think all those scars....he can point them out and proudly tell the babes where and when he got them....chick magnet.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three
            just think all those scars....he can point them out and proudly tell the babes where and when he got them....chick magnet.
            soo true!!

Hope he is feeling better!

Comment

the first trip was for a dislocated elbow, which I did because I was trying to prevent him from being strangled by the dog lease AND running across the street at the same time. I was holding his right hand with my left hand and reached across to grab his left hand with my right hand and in doing so I somehow dislocated the left elbow.

That was a great mommy moment. Luckily I had witnesses who weren't related to me!

Jenn

Comment

Boys.

I'm never ceased to be amazed by DS's judgment when it comes to something that looks adventurous.

I hope he heals soon.

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Now he'll have a "warrior" story to tell

Comment

Wow he sounds like a "lively" one....glad he's OK!

I'm pretty sure that we are on some kind if "list" here because between the 2 older boys we were at emerg a LOT when they were younger. Not so much now although now when we go it usually involves a cast of some sort! Knock on wood that we haven't been there in over 2 years, I'll let you know if saying that was stupid

Comment

Working...
                    X