Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Toy Talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Talk?

Anyone want to talk toys for the holidays? This is my weak spot because I love to see what is out there for kids Any "must haves" for an almost 1 year old girl and a 3.5 years old girl?

BTW, I can recommend the Calico Critters for any girls around 2-5. We bought these for my daughter last Christmas and she plays with them every.single.day for at least an hour.

The best thing we bought for Nikolai was a Leap Frog Discovery Ball. They had on in the orphanage (obviously purchased by another American family!) and he LOVED it. We had one ordered so that there would be something familiar when he got home. He still plays with it- it plays music and letter names and letter sounds. He's probably too big for it now, but he still loves it.

The other thing is his trike bike. He goes all the way around the block as fast as he can with Rick following along.

Now he's all Thomas all the time but Christmas is going to be pretty low key as we will have just moved (again) and I don't want him to be more overwhelmed than he will be anyway. That and I'm pretty sure he isn't going to remember that he had a sparse Christmas when he was two.

Jenn

Comment

I am a total toy whore. I love Little People. Weeble Wobbles are cool too but they hurt if your kid throws one at you or your tv or the dog. I have a thing for TOLO toys-- the animals, the people all with their squeaking and moveable parts. I am big on toys that encourage imaginative play. This was a big emphasis at the center that DS was at when he was a toddler. I don't know if anyone is familiar with Babysigns by Acredolo and Goodwyn but DS was in their research center for a year. I got my degree from their department. It was pretty fascinating to see the signs and their philosophies at work. Back to my point, any toy that sparks their imagination. I like Leapfrog products too. We have the drum and the pads (my first and the regular one). We have a lot of pretend play stuff; food, dishes, vacuums, golf clubs, tents, sleeping bags, dress up stuff. They get played with everyday. DS loves those imaginext dinosaurs, we practically have the entire collection. Just when you think you've gotten them all they come out with more. He sees them and wants them. This year we are trying to curb the amount of toys he receives. For DD I saw this little mushroom fairy house that I might get her by International Playthings. Looks cute and portable. DD is turning 2 in Dec so I am up to hearing the must haves too.

Comment

Yep, and not only is a toy whore, she's a bad influence on her friends, who are now becoming toy whores

Comment

Have you checked out http://www.uniquewoodentoys.com? I had to wipe the drool from the keyboard. They have a complete fairy line that is precious. It's so hard to resist when you *know* that your kids will love it AND play with it a lot.

Comment

I don't know that we are getting any "must haves" but Nat is getting:

some wooden puzzles
            some bath toys and bath markers
            the little people school bus
            the little people A to Z learning zoo
            a riding toy
            some soap shaped like a duck
            a duck lunchbox(she has a thing for ducks right now)

I know that the grandparents are getting her:
            a train set
            an easel and paint
            a tricycle
            more little people stuff

Oh, she will be 22 months at Christmas.
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Fair Queen, Why, oh why, did you have to share that website??? Now I have to wipe the drool off of MY keyboard!

:thud:

DS is really into the "How Do Dinosaurs" series of books so I bought him a few of those. We're also planning on giving him a Kettrike. My friend's 5 year old still rides his so I'm sure we'll get many years of use out of it.

His grandparents are getting him a water/sand table. Those are great because you can fill them with dried beans, oats, rice.....or just about anything. Kids just love exploring the different textures.

Comment

Working...
              X