Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

kids' birthday parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kids' birthday parties

We're trying to plan a birthday party for DS's 7th birthday. (7? ) In the past, we've hosted two at home and two out at kid friendly facilities. The shocking thing is that they've only varied in price by about $30.

Last year we had 7 six year olds running through the house with lightsabers. We just about lost control of the group.

Since I don't think that a party will be conducive to making our house have that "pristeen" look that would-be buyers seek, I'm looking for ideas for locations to host such a fete. Where have you all had the most success throwing kid parties at? Ideas?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Same experience, cost-wise. Wierd, isn't it?

You mean you don't think you can have a dust the blinds and clean the carpets theme party?

I'm not as up on the boy factor, but a few favorites in the last year or two --- party at a bowling alley (going to one Sat again), Pump-It-Up, swimming pool party. Our local parks dept hosts and staffs birthday parties at the rec center. I think it works better for younger kids than older unless you have some more structured activities you want to plan or hire entertainment. Hmm...we went to a party with a "Mad Scientist" last year that was pretty cool, definitely different. As the hosting parent, I would think the bowling or Pump It Up would be the least stressful.

Then there is the old Chuck E Cheese stand-by.... :!

Comment

I second the Bowling party...we did that last year for DS's sixth. Are there any places with the laser tag play areas(they have the equipment and the large open area to run and hide)? That was a real good idea in Kansas City and Tulsa...of course that has been a couple years ago.

Guess what he is getting this year?
      His tonsils removed!! It is going to suck, but it should be better than the 4 (so far) cases of strep throat since August.

Comment

We did a movie party at a local theater last spring and it was a huge hit. The theater had a party room that we got for an hour or so prior to the movie, so we had cake and juice and opened presents.....then it was on to the movie. I think the kids got popcorn and drinks, too.

We have done bowling, skating, swimming, nature centers, petting zoos, Party Safari, backyard with jumpcastle......I looked into having one at our Children's Museum, but it was a little too pricey for me. The best place for us (we used it multiple times) was a gymnastics sport center in Wichita Falls. They had trampolines built into the floors with harnesses above, ropes to swing on, a big open area of mats to play soccer on or whatever, and they would staff it with trained gymnastics coaches who would interact with the kids safely AND CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS! It was awesome.

DH and I made the call that 2007 would be party-free. We may let the boys pick ONE friend to do something special with, but I think I am semi-retired from party planning.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
        X