Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's a good thing Quinn is cute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a good thing Quinn is cute

But that might not get him out of this one. Jacob came running upstairs to tell us that Quinn had painted on the wall & tv in the basement. This, you'll remember, is the same basement that dh & I just painted the weekend before Halloween - to the tune of much marital angst. And, if you've been following the story long enough, you'll remember that the inital need for painting the basement was due to Quinn coloring on all of the walls.

He got yanked out of that basement SO fast, spanked (which is rather unusual around here), put in the tub to clean the blue off of him and put to bed at 7:30. He's not allowed in the basement (also known as toy xanadu) for 1 week. Mommy & Daddy are going to discuss further punishment, and Santa is getting a full report.

He also managed to get spots of blue (globs, really) paint splattered all over the carpeting - which dh and I just spent the better part of 2 hours trying to get out. And - to both of our amazement - he even got some on the ceiling -- which is not low. It did come right off the wall -- so that's a good review on the Restoration Hardware brand of paint.

Noooooooo! Quinn!! OMG. I'm glad it came off the paint ok.

Comment

:!
      What's up with this kid and paint?! He's going to be a famous artist and he'll give interviews about how his parents' walls were these huge canvases full of potential! :>
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Uh oh - not a good thing to do 20 days before Christmas.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
          What's up with this kid and paint?! He's going to be a famous artist and he'll give interviews about how his parents' walls were these huge canvases full of potential! :>
          He'd better.

Comment

Yea, Quinn is really cute, I can vouch for that.

Reminds me of this scene:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foryou/188907606/

Jodi

Comment

Not too far off, if you transfer the paint from the floor to the wall.

Comment

Question: How long did Jacob observe all of this b4 he decided it was time to let mommy know??!! I only ask because DS is notorious for watching his little sisters do something awful or messy "to the hilt" b4 he comes to tell me!!!! I so feel for you. As I read the post I seriously had to check the date because, it seemed I was re-reading the reasons for your pre haloween paint job!!!

Comment

Oh boy... That is no good. Santa will indeed provide some retribution. He should be frightened. :>

And yes, why didn't Jacob try to put a stop to that? Silly boys. (They still are cute though... )

Comment

Oh, Quinn. you may have to go live with your iMSN aunties to protect yourself from this one. :>

Jenn....have you considered putting up a chalkboard wall or a big magnetic paint wall down there with some of that large paper to draw on? I can't believe this happened again. Is he old enough to get it?
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Oh Jenn...I'm sharing your pain here.....We had to repaint our townhouse during residency because of Amanda...and even then we didn't get it all because we didn't prime the walls properly. Then I accidentally spilled the can of paint on the floor....and...as renters...we had to pick up the tab. I so feeeeel it!

If it's any consolation, Amanda is a wonderful artist now. Maybe that's just where quinn is headed?

We eventually papered a wall that she could draw on. I just bought rolls of craft paper and taped them up...she was allowed on that one wall. It did seem to work.

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Jacob actually came up pretty quickly - but he found dh to be home (hadn't realized it) and went and snuggled w/dad for about 5 minutes before mentioning what Quinn was doing. He had sat and watched the entire marker episode last time, and therefore got the same punishment as Quinn.

This time Quinn was still in the midst of his artwork - we caught him blue handed. He is old enough to know better - 4 years.

Comment

I also had to check the date on the post...oh no!
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Did the carpet come clean?

Comment

Clean-er - but no, not clean. We're going to get it professionally cleaned (needed it anyway), but don't have very high hopes for that, either. DH is talking about putting pergo floors down there.

Comment

Working...
                              X