Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Snow Day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Day!!

It's going to snow all day today here. We're expecting a foot. The snow was just starting early this morning. Thankfully, the school district saw the logic in closing the schools now - before the nasty after school hours with a big storm. I didn't tell my kids that when the dragged down the stairs and stared sadly out the windows at the little dusting of snow.

I told the kids to get ready for school -- but just in case I asked them to check the local news website. The sheer glee on their faces when they saw their school's name on the closed list was priceless. They danced and sang. Seriously. Then, they checked all the TV news stations and danced and sang every time the name of the school came up.

It's so nice to see the kids that happy. They may even write a thank you note to the Superintendent. :>
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Tara- we're going to have to institute that here because obviously we won't have a REAL snow day. and if we do, there's nothing fun about it since this town is totally unprepared!

Jenn

Comment

Tara, my mom used to do that with us! We would all go out to lunch, do a little shopping and some baking at home with a movie on. It was awesome!

Comment

Woohoo! A foot of snow? Enjoy!

Comment

yeah! angie. i hope you guys have fun today!

it's snowing here right now....ds thinks he is going outside....i think mommy is not ready to face the butt cold weather right now.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

My kids just go back in from sledding and snowball fight round one. There is a heap of wet, icky clothing on the floor. I think I will throw it directly in to the dryer. They are curled up with the cocoa watching a recorded episode of Charmed. (Not so holiday.....but mommy's happy!)

I'm baking all those cookies I need. I should be mailing soon. (And have a million or so ready for the department holiday party here next weekend!)

I LOVE snow days. Must be growing up in Florida. I'm having the childhood experience I never had.

FutureRN.....yep, I'm in the snowbelt around Cleveland. Geauga County. Love that lake effect - it's endless snow showers.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

That sounds awesome.

No....we have only been here a few years. We weere probably in Baltimore in 1999. Not as much snow there.
              Angie

Comment

In NY schools closed only once and I was already in high school. I think we had close to 3 feet that time. A foot around here doesn't count for much.

Comment

crap. it's starting to stick....and build up a bit. this may mean i have to go outside. :{

Comment

i just got the two older ones outside. as usual dd lasted all of 8 minutes and came in asking for popcorn.

ds and the dog are still outside....and i think are the happiest twosome on the planet at this very moment. :{

Comment

It's 57 here and women are walking around in parkas, hats, gloves, and boots.

Comment

Working...
                      X