Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

International updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the age cut off...what if you adopted as a single parent without you DH and then he adopted afterwards once back in the states (I know that unmarried couples have done that like Brangelina), but I don't know what countries allow single parent adoption...

Comment

I am so sorry. I hope for the absolute best life for you in whatever shape that takes.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Wish I had something to say other than that is beyond cruel and unfair. I'm so sorry.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I am so, so sorry. Unfair doesn't even begin to cover it. I just don't understand it.

One of my mother's close friends and her husband adopted a domestic infant, but it took them about 10 years and they had more than one baby come into their home for foster care only to be taken away again. It was so so hard to watch them go through that. They were more than qualified and had so much love to give. I don't get it...
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Oh Heidi, I'm so sorry. It's just heartbreaking. I know you guys have wanted a baby for so long and would be amazing parents. Such stupid rules keep these kids from having much better lives.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm so sorry.
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Please don't go. I need you and your perspective. ((hugs)) I could have written your post two years ago except that we were 38 & 39. I couldn't see spending buttloads of money to set ourselves up for more disappointment. I am sorry that you are going through this but glad to know someone else understands. Sometimes I think my friends think we just did not try hard enough. Again lots of ((hugs)).
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm so sorry.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you may find peace and FWIW your contributions are still valuable to many here.
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I'm so sorry, it's a screwed up system. I wish there was something I could say or do that would help.

I would really hate to see you leave because I think you're awesome and you are one of the first IMSNers I gravitated towards when I first found this forum.

(((hugs)))
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm sorry. It sucks. The entire thing sucks. The process that potentially adoptive parents have to go through is horrific. Now, I do know two people who used the same high-powered high-test highly expensive agency who got a baby within the 12-18 months specified. You're paying for the high powered attorneys and the screening process to weed out crazy birth mothers.

I get it. and I'm sorry.

Jenn

Comment

Nothing else to add other than I am sorry and big hugs. Please stick around.
                          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I am so sorry. Infertility is such an unfair thing. Please stay I know how hard it is to see and hear about all the other babies. Big hugs to you!!
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I forgot to add, pleeeeeease do not leave.... But that is me being selfish.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
                              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

LilySayWhat, just tell me to butt-out if I'm making too many suggestions...I know you've probably thought of all of them and you may not find it very helpful...but I just keep thinking of you and your post. I ran across this article this morning and thought you might be interested:

http://www.parenting.com/article/ado...6pLid%3D138323

It's something that I can't imagine is very common in terms of finding a child to adopt...they say it takes the whole community to raise a child, maybe your community of friends (and theirs) could help find find one that needs a loving home?

Comment

Working...
                                X