Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We are ready...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so excited for you!!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

How exciting!!

Are you going domestic or international? We did an international adoption in 2009. Ours took about 13 months from start to finish for Russia. The cost was about 55k. We have friends that did two domestic adoptions in OH in 2009-10 and in 2011-12. I think that theirs were about 25k each. Their agency was fantastic. I would highly recommend them for domestic adoptions.

Feel free PM me or ask me anything here.
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I have no advice, just happy to hear this. Xoxo

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
          I can confirm that you do NOT speak for yourself. You speak for all of us!!!!

So excited for you B!

AGREED!!!! Hugs!!!
          sigpic
          buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

I wish I had advice! Just congrats. I hope this is a speedy and happy process for you.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

So, so, so excited for you and R!!
              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

You an R are going to make some very lucky kiddo's life amazing. I'm so happy for you both.

Comment

I sent you a private message with some info. but forgot to mention that we are not religious either and our agency had no requirements for religion nor did our birth family

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    I wish I had advice! Just congrats. I hope this is a speedy and happy process for you.
                    Ditto!!
                    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      You an R are going to make some very lucky kiddo's life amazing. I'm so happy for you both.
                      This. I'm so excited for you!
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm so nercited!!!
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

How did I not see this? Have you made any decisions about agencies or what kind of program you're interested in? I've got only one tip in the short-term and that's to subscribe to Adoptive Families magazine. I love it and it has all kinds of helpful information. They also publish an annual index of costs/length of time/parental requirements, etc. See if you can get a copy of the 2012 magazine if you're still thinking about things.

Let me know if you have any questions!? I've got friends and neighbors who have used Gladney for domestic with great success. I liked my agency because they were small and only worked in specific areas of Russia where they already had established contacts.

Best of luck! It's a long, crazy journey but so worth it. (she says 7 years out from the crazy...)

J.

Comment

A HA- We were in Germany. Whew, I was feeling neglectful.

J.

Comment

I'm sending you best wishes on your process!
                              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Hoping for great things!

Comment

Working...
                                X