Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

TenE update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TenE update

I really, really shouldn't do this, should I? She is sleeping in her crib right now. I mean I shouldn't jinx myself.

She seems to be doing better. We are giving her Zantac for reflux. She is not an extreme spitter but definitely more than my other two at this age. DH noticed how much she burped and spit when we were on vacation. She is doing it less now and, knock on wood, seems to be a little happier. Happy being a loose term. She is quite happy at times and almost more than I can take unhappy at others.

She even *gasp* has fallen asleep in her carseat a few times.

She is also able to move a lot more and loves pulling up. Maybe she was feeling frustrated? She even got herself into a little rocking chair to stand up on the seat for a quick ride before I nabbed her.

I'm really hoping this helps her most of all and everyone else as a result. And I will try not to feel too bad about not pushing for this sooner.

Re: TenE update

Oops...I meant trying the zantac. Since her weight gain has been fine, I think my doctor felt she could just be on the fussier side. I wondered that too. :huh:

Comment

Her pincer grasp is really coming together and she can feed herself. THAT makes her happy too. So I wonder if it feels better to eat or if she is so thrilled with feeding herself? Or both? It's hard to hold other things constant while trying something new.

I think that before she ate (well, breastfed) because it comforted her and maybe made her stomach feel better temporarily?

Who knows! I'm going to keep her on Zantac for the next few months since she spits and burps less.

Comment

I'm glad she's doing better!! Less fussy and less spitting/burping sounds good to me!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Like I've said before, Daegan RARELY spit up from his reflux (so I got blown off a lot in taking with people about reflux)....he had all the other symptoms and the acid reducers REALLY helped a lot. One doc was reluctant to give me anything b/c his weight gain was good, but it hurt him to nurse sometimes, and other times, the constant nursing seemed to soothe his belly. Being able to eat upright helped us alot as well.

fingers crossed she continues to improve!

(Daegan has completely outgrown it...here's hoping she does as well! )
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

And I will try not to feel too bad about not pushing for this sooner.
            At least she is still young enough that if this continues to help, you will all benefit from it! I think Nathan would have benefitted from this, too....fat lot of good it does me now that he is SIX! I think we just might have had that fourth baby if we could have gotten him to stop crying during that first year. I think you are doing great! I hope TenE continues to have happier days.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Yeah, Nellie!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that this will be the magic bullet for her. Don't feel guilty. Our pedi didn't want to give Zoe an Rx because she was gaining weight..but she was also uncomfortable. Looking back now, I wish that I had taken more action. Hopefully, TenE will be more comfortable now.

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

ditto to the regrets for not giving zantac. izzy was a spitter, but I never pushed it, and I wish I did b/c now I know that she has acid reflux from her intense stomach aches after eating- every single time...

It's so tough to know what to do with babies! I'm glad things are improved for you both!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Brigham had reflux, and I wished when he was 4 months old I had pushed the issue more. When he was 6 months old I finally begged and pleaded with the doctor to use Zantac. Ding! Ding! Ding! Who'd thunk it?! He started gaining weight better, he went from waking up every 2 hours to waking up every 4-5 hours, he even stopped spitting up as much after every feeding.

Brigham was/has always been on the fussy side. Once he mastered the skills that TenE is trying to do, he was a much happier kid. Even now at 4 years old, he is still the same way- gets frustrated, but when he masters whatever it is, he is better.

Glad to hear things are better!
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

YEAH Nellie!!! I'm so happy for you!
                    Does it feel like you climbed Mt. Baker solo with just a small pack for support???

Kudos to TEnE.
                    She's a riot already.
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I'm hoping that it is all smooth sailing from here on out...

(Because smooth sailing is a totally realistic goal for parenting. Ah, I'm killing myself).

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that this issue is solved.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Yes, it does feel like I climbed Mt. Baker with no pack -- just a crabby baby on my back!

Friends have noticed a change in her. Tonight at dinner she sat in her high chair the whole time and happily fed herself. This is amazing. I didn't realize how bad this was until she felt better. This gives me some hope that she will sleep more too.

Kelly.... :funnycry:. Yes, of course. It is so nice to have this out of the way so that I can enjoy the next 17 worry-free years without a care.

The timing worked out well because pre-Zantac, she got a speeding ticket reduced. When the state trooper asked why I was in such a hurry, she cranked it up, as if she were sitting on a tack. Thanks, kiddo, you just saved me $130!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake

The timing worked out well because pre-Zantac, she got a speeding ticket reduced. When the state trooper asked why I was in such a hurry, she cranked it up, as if she were sitting on a tack. Thanks, kiddo, you just saved me $130!
                          THAT is a story for the baby books!

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                            Originally posted by cupcake

THAT is a story for the baby books!

Kris
                            Sweet girl!
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Atta girl Evie!

I don't think mine would have done that for me. In fact, I worry that Quinn would say "We're racing the other cars!" since that is what he insists we're doing.

I'm glad -- for all of you -- that she's doing better.

Comment

Working...
                              X