Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

preschool-itis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preschool-itis

since ds started preschool two days a week, this house has been sick. i know suzanne can relate...and thankfully we have not been as sick as her house. it's just so frustrating!!!
    ds and dd#2 cant shake the snotty nose, sore throat, runny green boogers, fever, cough, ear crap.
    dd is loosing her voice...dh has it off and on. dd#1 and i have been fortunate and not gotten any of it.
    so, yesterday i went on a cleaning rampage. bleach, hot water, and lysol spray. all bed linens, mattresses, door knobs, light switches, closet doors, toys, blinds, anything and everything we all touch.
    i hope it helps :huh: im tired!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: preschool-itis

:therethere:
    Same here. Kudos on a clean house, but the germs are probably coming from outside and going right to the mouth or nose. We've been sick, low level too, since mid sept. I *just* started carrying the alcohol sanitizer with me. Duh. Why didn't I start sooner?!

Want to come do my house next.

Comment

Yuck! I hope it passes soon. I think the yucky bugs were the worst part of starting school for us years ago. It gets better!

On a different note....would you consider coming over and bleaching/cleaning my house???

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm so sorry! We had a couple of weeks of the never-ending cough in September. That is the one thing about preschool that stinks.

I try wiping their hands with the baby wipes before/after we go to preschool, stores, anywhere they will touch stuff that has been touched by a gazillion other people. I've heard the alcohol sanitizer isn't good to use?? I don't know. . .you hear something different everywhere. I'm also giving them lots of blueberries, raspberries, and OJ. :huh: I don't know if it will truly help them fight the colds but it can't hurt.

Comment

+ + + = :needabreak:

Oh Sylvia...I'm right there w/ you. I was dosing everyone(as in all 4) w/ Tylenol this AM!! Even DH is sick...I sure hope I don't get it this time!
          It suuuuuuucks when you first send them off!

Comment

It's kind of like intern year of a pediatrician and his wife...

Good God, I've only ever been sicker the first six months Nikolai was in daycare.

I tell myself we're building up immunity.

Jenn

Comment

So sorry! Maybe the bleach will help a little. Too bad you can't go bleach the classroom, too!

Comment

That sucks! Hope your household is feeling better soon!
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

sure...janet and kris. i'll come clean for you, if you pay for my ticket to come visit!

yeah...so guess what dd and i woke with this morning. :banghead:

off to take ds to germschool.

thanks for the get well vibes!

Comment

we're all sick again.

i cannot stop sneezing, my head if full of crap...my eyes are constantly watering. my throat feels like it's falling apart.

dh, ds, and one dd has it too. my poor ds...he gets nailed by it the hardest.

OMG, what am i going to do if i cannot taste all the yummy thanksgiving food?? no. seriously. im going to die. it's my fav holiday.

Comment

:thud:

Comment

ew. annie...maybe lucy and dd#1 can hookup and puke together. dd's comes w/ crying/temper tantrums/pissed off. she'll start screaming and carrying on..the next thing you know she is coughing and screaming for a bowl to puke into. girls are so fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X