Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

infant car seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infant car seats

While I'm sick and slightly housebound I might as well get a few productive things done!

Question: Do any of you have a favorite infant car seat? The last time we bought one was about 6 years ago. DS used DD's since they are so close in age and we have since gotten rid of it so we will need another one for the little guy.
    • I realize we want one that has the latch system (They probably all have this by now.)
      We possibly want one where you can buy an extra base to go between both cars.

Anything else I need to be aware of? Six years ago is a LONG time in baby consumer land.

Thanks in advance.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Re: infant car seats

Flynn, We bought the newest version of the Graco baby bucket for TenE. That was around the time that Consumer Reports did testing and determined (incorrectly) that the Graco was the only safe carseat. They later came out say that some others did better. Anyway...I was happy with that seat, we installed it with the latch system, etc. TenE wasn't so happy with it but that is a different story.

Comment

We have the Graco SafeSeat and I've been very happy with it. It fits great in the SnugRide stroller and in my Bob stroller. Well made and the cover comes off easily to be thrown in the wash. It does have latch as that is how it is installed in my car.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We have the Graco Snugride and I think it's the bestselling baby bucket in America? (Don't remember where I heard/read that, though.) We came down to deciding between the Snugride and the Safeseat and picked the Snugride because the bucket part looked a little easier to carry. We've been happy with it.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We used a Snugride for the first 3 months and then let the sitter use it (I was still working) and we had him in a Marathon (my car) and Roundabout (DH's car). My friend is now using it.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We went against the grain and got a Chicco Keyfit 30. We did not do a lot of research but the assistant in Babies r us convinced us that it was the very safest , we liked the fact it holds up to 30 pounds, and basically thought it looked like the materials were good quality and it looked comfortable. It has a really snug infant insert.

A negative is that it only fits the Chicco travel system if you want to do that, you cant use it in other brand strollers (like Cheri said the Graco goes in the Bob). We are not getting a stroller for a few months so it is not an issue here.

It is also heavy but maybe they all are!

All the ones we looked at had the Latch system and you could buy extra bases.

Comment

Working...
            X