Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

potty training at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potty training at night

Luke has been mostly dry at night for several months. The last 2 weeks, basically ever since we got back from spring break, he's had at least 2 accidents a week. And then he's sleeping in his pee- he barely notices. I hear him cry a little, and when I check on him, I have to wake him up! I think he's overly exhausted, and I'm not loving all the pee-soaked early wake-up calls I've been getting. I'm thinking of putting him in pull-ups again for a while at night-- do you think this would mess him up/cause trouble long term?

He's almost 4, been trained during the day for a year, and at night he's been sleeping in underwear since probably October of 2007. He *occassionally* had night-time accidents before that, but not more than 1-2 times a month. I don't let him drink liquids for about 1 hour before he goes to bed except for a tiny bit when he brushes his teeth- and then he pees right before he goes to bed, after stories...

Thanks potty training gurus!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Re: potty training at night

I pick up my sleeping child most nights around 11p before i go to bed and take her potty. She doesnt usually wake up and if she does she goes back to sleep quickly. That seems to work for us.
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

No help, just hugs. My oldest was a breeze to potty train during the day, but took forever to train at nights. My youngest took a long time to have fully daytime potty success. Nonetheless, when she was dry at day, she was dry at night simultaneously. I had NOTHING to do with either child's respective successes. Seriously.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I agree with Tara's idea to go back to pull-ups. He will get there again. If that will bother him to be in pull-ups again, could you wake him up to pee before you go to bed? That is what we have been doing with Anna. She really wants to sleep in underwear and I don't want to discourage that but she has a hard time staying dry all night. Waking her up around 10pm seems to do the trick and she goes right back to sleep. I don't know if that would work for all kids since I doubt that Bryn would have been able to easily get back to sleep.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
          I pick up my sleeping child most nights around 11p before i go to bed and take her potty. She doesnt usually wake up and if she does she goes back to sleep quickly. That seems to work for us.
          This worked like a charm for us. We would take DS to the bathroom right before we went to bed and he would stand there and go, hardly waking at all.
          Kris

Comment

He was dry last night- in a Pull up of course...

:huh:

I guess I was just wondering since he was dry for so long and now he's been having about 2 wet mornings a week... He doesn't mind the pull-ups, so I think I'll stick with that. (I hate to spend the $$$, but I hate the laundry more!)

Thanks all!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
            X