Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

This is ridiculous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is ridiculous!

:|
    (the emoticons represent all six of us...hopefully DH stays healthy!)

I am once again caring for a bunch of sickies. Due to lack of adequate sleep, I too feel like I am falling prey to this bug! I mean really NO ONE could have prepared me for the amt of viruses DS & DD would be bringing into this house! The baby has had waaay to many illnesses for such a young little dude!

My girlfriend warned me that it gets rough, when you first send little ones off to school...I just didn't get how rough it would be! Honestly you'd think we are bunch of immuno-compromised people!

Were any of you prepared for the onslaught of viruses?

Since I had the kids so close together I really didn't get out as much as some moms might w/ just one or 2 that are (more intelligently) spaced out.
    Maybe if we had gotten out more they would have gradually picked up this stuff and had better immunity...oh well c'est la vie !

:needabreak:

Re: This is rediculous!

I have no experience with the closely spaced kids thing. DS was 3y10mo when we had DD and DD was 8 months old when DS started Pre-K. I just wanted to give you a I am so sorry. I hope that you guys get well soon.

Comment

Re: This is ridiculous!

I'm so sorry! You seem to have caught everything under the sun this past year.

I am around students (college kids), and between dh and me, we drag home all sorts of things.

Get better soon!!!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

You seem to have caught everything under the sun this past year.
        exactly!...and there have been some doozies I didn't even post about!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry! That sucks!
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I'm sorry, Suz. Your family has had more than its fair share of viruses this year. I hope everyone makes a speedy recovery.

Comment

Oh man, Suz, that just bites.

We were sick as dogs for all of Rick's peds intern year. Holy Crap, what that man brought home. *and we were newlyweds, so, um, we shared a lot of germs.

Sending healthy virus free vibes your way.

Jenn

Comment

Not again! Yuck! I hope you are all on the mend soon.

Comment

so sorry to hear it Suz! Feel better soon!!

Comment

I'm so sorry.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

feel better!!
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Noooooo!!!! Not again!
                        So sorry Suz. But if your theory is right the younger two should not catch so much when they go to pre-school :huh:

Comment

Hope you all feel better soon. When DS started daycare at he was sick alot and this summer when we switched daycares, it started all over again. Hang in there.
                          Kris

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes/ commiseration. I guess I can add can add one more
                            DH came home last night w/ a fever runny nose/sore throat I knew it was coming'!

Our anniversary was Thur.8 Years!!! We spent that night tending to DS1. Last night while DH tucked the kids in, I made a Walgreen's run and then picked up a romantic meal @ Jack in The Box.

We have made arrangements for our housekeeper/babysitter to come Sat. @ noon and spend the day into evening w/ the kiddos! We are going to dose up on cold meds and try our best to have a day to ourselves! We are going to go out for sushi, and shop for living room, home office and outdoor furniture. Depending on how we feel we will either do Eddie V's (a bit of a drive) or a more local restaurant like Ruth Christ's or Flemming's for dinner.

Comment

Feel better soon!
                              Cristina
                              IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                              X