Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes

Ok, call me an idiot but when do they REALLY need to start wearing them? Adele didn't wear shoes all winter, either footed outfits or socks, now she's doing the same but I'm seeing more and more kids her age in shoes. She has a few pair, all but one are huge right now. I get that they should be wearing them once they start walking, but do they really need them before that? :huh:
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: Shoes

I never buy shoes until they are walking. What a PITA to put shoes on an infant...

:huh:
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I didn't put shoes on DS until he was walking, and even then just outdoors. I don't think I even had any shoes for fancy outfits for him. It never seemed worth the trouble.
      Kris

Comment

I agree on not worth the trouble *unless* they are pulling off their socks in the winter. Evie has been wearing Robeez and its about time to get her some real shoes.

Comment

We didnt use shoes either, and started using Robeez around 8 months or so mostly bc they were cute.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I just saw some really cute Robeez, purple shoe with pink winged heart.

Comment

I subscribe to the "not necessary until they're walking" philosophy.

She has several pair that were gifts that are never worn (hope nobody spent a lot of money on those--eep!). I lined them up in a row on her shelf just because itty bitty shoes look so cute.

Except she does sometimes wear a pair of Robeez that were a gift, because (1) cute! (2) keeps some of her lamer socks on, though mostly I try to buy socks that stay on by themselves (3) the suede soles give her better traction on the slick floor when she's in her doorway jumper.

Oh, and I wouldn't say these count as shoes but she often wore some Zutano fleece booties for warmth over the winter. Another gift. I liked those a lot, too.
              http://store.bambinomountain.com/pfl00.html
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I agree, not unless they're walking unless you need to keep socks on.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

mine never wore shoes until they walked, and if they did, they fell off or were pulled off. Same with socks. During the cold months, we used some kind if slippers. With DD#3 we used Robeez after we got them as a gift and we loved them. She even wore them after she started walking at least inside because she still pulls her shoes and socks off. She likes to bare it all. A friend of mine likes pediped which has a website. They seem very comfortable slipperlike shoes along the same priceline of Robeez.
                  Needs

Comment

They aren't necessary, but being the shoe addict that I am, all three of my children had shoes as infants (Kenny has like 4 pairs of sneakers and a pair of brown sandals). Maggie and Ella had more shoes than any baby would need. They still do (but when Mommy sees the cutest pair of glitter shoes on sale at Nordstrom.com the girls have to have them).
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Thanks gang - she has one pair of Robee's that were a gift that are still to big. The ones that don't make any sense to me are a pair that my MIL bought her to match a dress that she got her, the dress is 0-3 months and the shoes are HUGE - she will never wear them. :huh:
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Nikolai had the babushka's keeping him in inch think wool socks- any wonder why the kid couldn't walk that well at 13 months? He couldn't feel the floor! I moved him to Robeez once we got home and he took off immediately.

I wouldn't bother until she starts walking.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X