Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Crib Bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crib Bumpers

So Adele has decided to sleep on her stomach as of yesterday. All of her naps and her overnight we put her down on her back and she rolls over and goes to sleep. My concern is the bumper on her crib. Its by no means plush and pillowy. But my concern is that she only rolls over her left shoulder and to this point has not or can't roll back.

Am I being paranoid? Should I take the bumper off? I'm afraid she'll suffocate, DH is afraid she'll hurt herself by getting her arm stuck in the crib slats or something.

Advice, been there? Thanks!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: Crib Bumpers

I don't know, we never used bumpers...

If she is rolling onto her stomach, I say just lay her down that way in the middle of the crib and be done with it...
    Kris

Comment

SIDS Alliance says no bumper. I don't do everything they say, but mostly. A mesh bumper would satisfy both your and your husband's concerns. :02:
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We don't do bumpers here either, so I guess my advice would be to just take it out.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I agree that the mesh would solve both concerns. I would just take it out though. If she gets stuck, she'll let you know!

Comment

I took it out, hopefully I will sleep better tonight because of it - thanks!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We took ours out after DS (the oldest) almost suffocated in it. (I was startled awake and ran in to check on him - very grateful that I did!!!!!!!) We haven't used one since.

Crib bedding is worthless. All you can use is the bedskirt and sheet!

Comment

I don't know. I kept my bumper in a long time. too long. DD used it as a ladder to get out. But it kept the binkis in and the legs in too. Tonight she got her leg stuck between the crib bars. That hurt.
                Needs

Comment

We have the mesh breathable bumper from Babies R Us. She can't suffocate, but it also keeps her limbs in and prevents her from banging her head and waking up.

Comment

Working...
                  X