Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

toddler girl hair cuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toddler girl hair cuts?

My DD is two and has really fine hair that is getting kind of scraggly and uneven looking (it is a little below her chin right now and leaning toward the mullet. )

DH wants her hair to be long, but I wonder if it needs an initial crop to get it to one length....I hate to cut off those baby curls though!

When did your daughter get her first hair cut? Did you take her somewhere or did you do it yourself?

Re: toddler girl hair cuts?

A had her first hair cut when she was about 18 months old. It was so scraggly. DH's aunt cuts childrens' hair so on a visit she cut it. A got another hair cut this past visit, and DH's aunt said that even though I want it long, it needs a trim at least once every six months.

Comment

When you look at my baby pictures, it was bowl cut all the way.
      I think I was born with one, and my parents only had to maintain it.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I cut DD's hair for the first time a couple weeks ago, just in the front to get it out of her eyes. (She's 15 months.) It looks terrible! Uneven, and bordering on a bowl cut. I can still get it into a barrette, and then it looks pretty cute.

If you're picky, I'd take her somewhere. We weren't too picky, just wanted the minimal cut to let her at least see what she's playing with. It's just that I thought it would be pretty straightforward, and it wasn't.

Comment

Sylvia had her first cut at 15 months old. We took her to Lollilocks and got the whole "First Haircut" package. Overpriced, but she was my first kid. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I will say that it looked better with some of the wispiness cleaned up.

Iris is now thirteen months and has had THREE haircuts already. It is a necessary evil, as a kid's salon is the only place that keeps her occupied long enough to do the job.The evolution of her hairstyle has been:

Harry Potter-->Hitler-->Spock-->Ringo Starr-->Bruce Lee (Enter the Dragon era)

I would definitely recommend taking her somewhere, unless you have experience cutting hair.

Comment

My friend's daughter was born with very fine, very curly red hair and it was taking forever to grow out. It had just started to get to the point where a tiny barette would stay and somehow...

She got a hold of the sissors at daycare and cut and 4X4 inch patch right on the top of her head.

she wore an Easter hat in that year's pictures.

My personal experience with small people hair cuts is if it's traumatic (my kid generally gets hysterical and has puked- all over his father) go short so to avoid the trauma. We're luckily able to go w/ the crew cut...

Jenn

Comment

both of my girls have had their first haircuts around 18 months. i cut (well, not me. . .i took them to a kiddie hair salon) their hair in a bob style. they always look so cute after their first haircut. we still do the kiddie hair salon. sure, it's way overpriced but the girls have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairQueen
                both of my girls have had their first haircuts around 18 months. i cut (well, not me. . .i took them to a kiddie hair salon) their hair in a bob style. they always look so cute after their first haircut. we still do the kiddie hair salon. sure, it's way overpriced but the girls have fun.
                Similar to our experiences.
                Needs

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

DH is post call tomorrow, so we are taking her to a family hair place (we don't have any fun kiddie places around here) and then out for ice cream after....I'm hoping if I bribe her with dessert while they are cutting it, she will hold still long enough to get a decent cut. I dare not cut it myself- I butchered her bangs last time I tried!

Comment

Originally posted by fiddlegirl
                    I'm hoping if I bribe her with dessert while they are cutting it, she will hold still long enough to get a decent cut.
                    The place we take DS#1 to get his hair cut has lollipops for the kids to distract them while they get their hair cut. It's the only way we can get him to sit still long enough to get a decent cut!
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                    X