Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Itzbeen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Itzbeen

I wouldn't have used it. I was not a scheduler.....just not me. Had DH been the stay-at-home parent, he would have been all over that.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I think its interesting that most people here picked up the "scheduling" part of it. I'm not a scheduler either but I think I would have used it more as a reference. i.e. Adele is crying - ok when was the last time she was fed/changed/napped to then figure out what she might be crying about.

Interesting, maybe they need to change their marketing of it.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Having had a fussy baby, I don't know if it would have helped me. I usually ran through the list of stuff in my head. I guess I had a good enough sense of having fed her recently or thinking it might be long enough that she needs to be fed. The memory aspect would be key for me (maybe I should make my own!).

Before Anna was born, some friends and I came up a mnemonic device for taking care of newborns. I wish I could remember all of it but it was based on "dipshit" as in the baby screaming and saying "come on, dipshit, help me out here." Something like:

Diaper
        Intestines (gassy)
        Position
        Sleepy
        Hungry
        Illness
        Temperature (warm or chilly)

Comment

That about sums it up, doesn't it.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

By the time I had my third (most fussy) baby, I was just on fumes. If he smelled, I changed him. I was constantly groping myself trying to decide if it was time to feed him again, and which side I should start with. I could have used that dipshit device, Nellie! (Maybe you should market it! ) Being called a dipshit during that period of my life would have been a compliment.....I was not functioning well at all.

Comment

You guys with the fussy third baby are scaring me ....

Nellie - market it and sell it. Although you'll probably want to sell it under 2 names. DIPSHIT will work for parents on their 2nd or 3rd baby, but first-timers probably wouldn't appreciate the reference.

Comment

and conversely, why baby #4 never came for us at all......

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
                  So true! DH says all the time that Evie wants to make sure she is the last.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                    Originally posted by mommax3
                    So true! DH says all the time that Evie wants to make sure she is the last.
                    We are already saying that about our #1 :thud:

Comment

Working...
                    X