Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do boys wear for pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do boys wear for pictures?

Having a girl is so easy.. the cute frilly dresses, hair bows, etc. We've done the naked baby pics, and now I'm stumped about what DS should wear for his 9 month pics. At 6 months he did some naked and some in a little sailor suit on a beach scene (shameless brag - they are now in the lobby of our studio). I'm thinking khakis, a white shirt, and a jean jacket. Is that ridiculously boring? What do boys wear for pictures???
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Re: What do boys wear for pictures?

I usually went casual. I never liked the "formal" look for boys. I like the khaki/white t-shirt thing you described. I also really love the long one piece things - my guys had a couple that were absolutely adorable - and I used those.

Comment

I usually use jeans and a polo for my kiddo.
      Kris

Comment

LOL! This makes me laugh just thinking about it. But if you were from Texas you would have to get some little cowboy pics taken. That never gets old down here! hehe!

Good Luck tho!
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Here, it would normally be an OSU Buckeyes outfit, but we're not natives. I get two different "outfits." I am thinking of also doing something plain (like a onesie or long one-piece, plain colored outfit) and bringing DH's old fire gear to set behind him. We did that with DD, and it turned out really cute.
          -Deb

Comment

I usually do khakis and a polo or sweater vest (depending on the season).

I know, boy clothes are SO boring.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I just lost my post! User error.

I had links for you to Strasburg, Orient Expressed, and Wooden Soldier for adorable JonJons. He'll wear khakis for the rest of his life. I say dress them like babies while they're still babies...he's nine months, right? They're only that little once.

Comment

The missing links...

http://www.strasburgchildren.com/jonjonbrh894cb.html

http://www.orientexpressed.com/Boys_Clo ... 2-314.html

http://www.kellyskids.com/kkids/autumn_ ... catref=46G

Comment

Okay, the JonJons are too cute. I think that will be one of his outfits. As I'm online looking at things, I've already picked out DD's outfit for her 3 year picture (a really cute pink, ruffly pettiskirt from etsy). I think the girl thing is an illness - my poor underdressed son!
                  -Deb

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight
                    LOL! This makes me laugh just thinking about it. But if you were from Texas you would have to get some little cowboy pics taken. That never gets old down here! hehe!

Good Luck tho!
                    You mean like this:

or this

My monkey boy at 1 year
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
                      Originally posted by moonlight

Good Luck tho!
                      You mean like this:

or this

My monkey boy at 1 year
                      LOL!!!!!!!11 YES! That's the one! BTW, he is TOO cute. Good choice!

Do I know my Texans or what!?!?!
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

For the ONE studio picture (so no Tara, you are not alone!) I had him in shortie overalls and a coordinating t-shirt. I LOVE the short pants overalls on little boys.

This past years school picture was in a (clean) t-shirt and shorts.

Jenn

Comment

The more boring the outfit the better, IMO. Will the photos be in color or b/w?

You don't want anything too distracting or that will look dated 10 years from now....a solid color tee/polo and jeans or khakis will be fine. We had some pictures done when DS was 9 months and he was barefoot dressed in a basic white linen one piece outfit (the pics were done in the spring).

Comment

I love the khaki/jeans/white idea - very classic. But I tend to steer clear of baby blue onesies and that sort of thing.

With our pictures, I've always done jeans & a polo or sweater. We do family (or both kid) pics at the same time, so his outfits are chosen to coordinate with what other people are wearing, and then we pick the props around that.

Comment

Deebs, PBK has some cute baby boy clothes on clearance right now. Their clothing line is simple...great for pictures!

Comment

Working...
                              X