Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Please don't say, "it will get better as they get older"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't say, "it will get better as they get older"...

I am sooo over hearing that!

So after the horrid GI bug, that took two weeks to go through the house...
    DD1 & DD2 managed to get croup ... now DS2 @ has an acute case of the croup w/severe strider. He needed a steroid injection today when I took him to the peds! :thud:

BTW school began 8/4, broke foot 8/6, first child to fall ill was on 8/8; we have now battled 3 very different illnesses for a MONTH !! I need to go amend my answer to the post on : how many kids to have, and when to have them: SPACE THEM OUT !!!

Re: Please don't say, "it will get better as they get older"...

Oh, how crappy!

Sending get well, healthy vibes your way....and some foot healing too

Comment

I wouldn't dream of saying, "it will get better as they get older."

Instead, I'll say, hire a temporary nanny. Get someone to do it all and fast. You need to heal, and you are overwhelmed, and it is completely understandable.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

That completely sucks! Hang in there.
        Kris

Comment

I hope this blows over soon. You need to rest so you can get better.

Comment

:thud:

Oh Suz! Not croup! I hope you have a healthy household sooner than soon.

Comment

:thud:

im SO SORRY, suz. i hated the croup when it hit us last year.

i agree with heidi. you must get a nanny/caretaker of some type. your dh must do this for you. he has to see what you're going thru. you have the resources to do this.

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

The last thing I would think to write is "it will get better as they get older"! DH got the stomache bug last February, right after I recovered from it, and took DS with him. Two boys sick at the same time--and the 34 year-old was DEFINITELY more of a PITA then the three-and-a-half year-old!!

I am so sorry. It sounds completely miserable. Good vibes headed your way!!!

Comment

Rx = nanny for 6 weeks, get everyone well.

Comment

Hire the nanny, then tell your husband. Sometimes, you just have to take care of #1. and if you're not taken care of, how can you take care of the rest?

j.

Comment

In my best Shrek noice: "I'M ON IT"

Comment

Hire the nanny, then tell your husband. Sometimes, you just have to take care of #1. and if you're not taken care of, how can you take care of the rest?
                        What she said.
                        I hope you've paid all your sick dues for a looooong time.
                        Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                        X