Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Adele's new trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adele's new trick

So Adele started fussing shortly after I put her down for her nap this afternoon, I went into her room with the intention of putting her pacifier back in and walking out but this is what I found:

Oy Vey! I think we're going to have to drop the mattress soon, she's on her knees in this picture.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: Adele's new trick

On her knees?! You will have to drop the mattress soon!

This was DD on her first time:

The first time she CLIMBED OUT of the crib, we didn't take a pic - she was bawling. Hasn't done it since, poor girl.

Comment

LOL, this is Eddy at 7 months (well, a couple of days shy):

We bought his crib around then, and it has never been out of the dropped position.
      Alison

Comment

Yep, of course MIL called right after she got the pictures to ask if we were going to lower the mattress.

I thought we'd wait until she could pull herself up to standing but I think we're going to have to go ahead and lower it. The problem I think we're going to have is the crib doesn't have a drop side and I'm not sure that I'll be able to reach the lowered mattress to lay her down. :huh:

Comment

We dropped it last night before she went to bed. I can lay her down ok but picking her up in the morning is kind of difficult when she just lays on her belly and sticks her arms up instead of crawling onto her knees. I know it will get better as she gets stronger, its just much earlier then we were expecting.

Comment

We eventually lowered the matress AND kept the guardrail down. We figured that if she was going to climb out, we'd let her climb out from a lower position.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

totally off topic - but does she like that sheep thing that is hanging from her bed? i got one at my shower, and am just curious.

on topic - I'm with Tara - we never, ever lowered the side. it was too noisy (I had a hand-me-down crib).

Comment

Ours doesn't have a drop-down side, either. It was never an issue trying to pick her up. I wonder if there are no standard mattress heights, though. Our lowest setting seems a little high to me. DD could climb out again if she wanted to. But her last attempt resulted in a fall, and she hasn't tried again in a month. With the new baby coming soon, we think we'll buy DD1 a toddler/day bed (ideas???) and raise the crib mattress again for DD2 to use.

Comment

Jenn, yes I LOVE that lamb - LOVE it! I didn't register for one but my grammy got it for me and I turn it on EVERY time Adele goes down for a nap or bed. Does it really help or not? I don't know but she's a great sleeper and I credit some of it to that lamb.

Comment

Ha! Go Adele!
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

When it rains, it pours - TWICE today she has pulled herself up to standing. ACK!

Comment

What a big girl!

Has anyone told you that she is the spitting image of your DH? It's amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairQueen
                          What a big girl!

Has anyone told you that she is the spitting image of your DH? It's amazing!!
                          I know!!!
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

That's REALLY funny because NO ONE can agree who she looks like. Someone just told me the other day that the older she gets the more she looks like ME! :huh:

Comment

They grow up so fast!
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X