Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

She won't eat...or sleep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She won't eat...or sleep...

At least not like she has. Several times this week she woke up at 5am and was up for the morning until her nap which she took about 8. Last night she woke up at 3:30, I rocked her back to sleep but she was up again at 4:15, I gave her a 6oz bottle but then she wouldn't sleep on her own so I ended up sleeping with her in the recliner until DH's alarm woke her up at 7, then she finally went down for a nap at 10.

She chows down breakfast, 1/2c oatmeal and a YoBaby yogurt almost every morning and 3-6oz of formula. Lunch and dinner are complete opposites, once in a blue moon she'll chow down a jar of baby food, mostly if she can't feed it to herself she won't eat it. Which is fine but then she won't eat the finger food we give her: pasta, cheese, cereal and the Gerber "puff" things. I've tried fruits and vegetables cut into small pieces before but she won't eat those either.

If she was still taking her 20-24oz of formula I wouldn't be concerned but she's not, some days she takes as few as 13. I don't know what else to do. Everyone asks if she's teething, who knows! Yes, her bottom gum is bumpy but its been that way for a week at least and it doesn't seem to bother her when I push on it.

We're leaving Friday morning for a 10 day stay with the grandparents and I don't know what to do if she won't eat...

She's also not napping as well, today she took a 45 minute morning nap which is so unlike her, her naps are never less then 90 minutes or at least haven't been for months. I'm at a loss.

:anyolne:
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: She won't eat...or sleep...

Does she have a fever? Seem like she doesn't feel well otherwise?

IMO, I would try one dose of tylenol and see if it helps. I'm not sure if that is medically appropriate advice (probably isn't!) but that is what I would try. If it helps, something is bothering her and teeth are a good guess.

Comment

I'm with Nellie. Teething was the first thing I thought of. I would probably try tylenol once too.
      Needs

Comment

She doesn't have a fever or a diaper rash. Yes, she's been pretty fussy - it probably is the teeth. I've tried to put Baby Orajel on her gums but she won't let me near here with something on my finger.

She went to bed at 8 like usual but I think if she wakes up we'll try the Tylenol. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine
          . . .until DH's alarm woke her up at 7 . . .
          ITA with the suggestion re: teething. She's at that age. DS was the same way. Not eating isn't a problem unless it's an indicator that she's ill. If she's not ill but just grouchy, she'll eat when she has to...

That aside, what REALLY got my attention with your post was the time your DH's alarm is set for...7:00 AM? No way!! Is he on vacation or on research/lab time? Or maybe he's on a service with a really late-morning rounding attending? I can't remember the last work day when DH wasn't nearly scrubbed in at 7:00 AM!!!

Comment

Abigail - yes, he's on research both this year and next year. He usually doesn't even set his alarm on the weekend but he had to run into the lab for a few hours to do something that was time sensitive with his cells. He is still taking some call but its just a few nights each quarter, I know we're currently spoiled but it will only make his 7th year suck that much more IMO.

Comment

The first thing I thought was teething. I hope some Tylenol will help!
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Well she slept from 8-7 last night and ate her breakfast just fine this morning, I put some baby orajel on her gum after she ate. Hopefully today will be a better day but if she gets all fussy again we're going to give her some Tylenol, its just not like her.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine
                  Abigail - yes, he's on research both this year and next year. He usually doesn't even set his alarm on the weekend but he had to run into the lab for a few hours to do something that was time sensitive with his cells. He is still taking some call but its just a few nights each quarter, I know we're currently spoiled but it will only make his 7th year suck that much more IMO.
                  Yep, 7th year blows. The better hours of years 5-6 make the transition into the chief slavery an even more bitter-tasting experience!

Comment

Working...
                  X