Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Three Under Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Under Three

We're due July 4. This scares the hell out of me - I've seen these parents of 3 under 3 - the walking wounded, zombie stares, head in their hands. Has anybody successfully emerged from this?
    btw, bcp are useless. second failure. gotta get something more secure.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Re: Three Under Three

Congrats!

I've got no words of advice, but. Um. Good Luck!

BTW - I find that the IUD is about as safe as it gets. I got pregnant this time around 5 days after it was removed!
    Kris

Comment

Congrats - you'll do great!

I 2nd the IUD, your wife will love the lack of period or significant decrease as well.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine
        Congrats - you'll do great!

I 2nd the IUD, your wife will love the lack of period or significant decrease as well.
        That's only if you get the one with the hormones. I can't take the bcp or any hormone because I get headaches, and my periods were more frequent and heavier (Sorry TMI) but it was worth not having to worry about conceiving.
        Kris

Comment

Oh wow! A hearty congrats -- even though I understand your shock! I had 2 under 2 and that was hard enough. You're actually going to have to get a bigger car again, right? Wowza fluff! It's all good -- I've known loads of people to be completely shaken and freaked at the "surprise", but not one has regretted it in the end. I like to sing the Sheryl Crow song "My Favorite Mistake" at Quinn (of course he doesn't know why!).

I 3rd the IUD. I've been ALL OVER my OB/GYN's office to get mine before the end of the year when my insurance changes! This Thursday baby!

Comment

congrats.

we did three in less than 2.5 years. it was very tiring, stressful at times. coming out on the other side lately...things are getting better. everyone sleeps thru the night, we're all out of diapers, bottles, cribs....

they all play together, fight together...they can all basically do the same things, because they're so close.

just prepare yourself for the rediculous comments you will def. get.

-are they ALL yours?
            -when's the next one due?
            -did you PLAN it that way!!?
            -you're nuts!
            -wow! slow time for your husbands job?

we're still tired...but getting better!
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Thanks for the reassurances everybody.
              Three under three and five under eight, makes a man crazy and a lady gain weight.
              Hey I just made that up!
              I bought the monster minivan for our fourth, so we're OK with space.
              We've got the stomach thing going around the house, and dw and I are both down with an awful cold, so things could be better. Will probably look brighter once we emerge.
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada
                One of my best friends just found out she is due with twins around the time you are.
                yikes! thank heavens for small miracles...we've only got one in there.
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies

-wow! slow time for your husbands job?

or in your case...your wifes job.

feel better! our whole family is FINALLY over the cold/stomach crap. it only took two months.
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Congrats! It'll be tiring, but you and your wife will come out in one piece! My sister was pregnant for what seemed like 3 years in a row! Her's are now 14, 15, and 16 so she's got a whole new level of stress, but there was definitely a sublime period in between.

Oh and I LOVE the Mirena IUD! My 5 years is up in the summer and I plan on getting another one just because I love the lack of cycle.

Besides, it should be fun having a 4th of July baby! :rah:
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Congrats!!! ....and I'll 9th or 10th the IUD for reliable birth control. Had one before each (Paragard first then Mirena)...and was pregnant the first month trying after removal each time.
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

That will be another meaning of independence day for your wife!

Congratulations, Fluff. Wowza. Can you buy a little sanity in the form of some nanny time?

Comment

Congrats! (?)

I'm sure you'll get through it although I second nellie's suggestion of some hired help. I bet you could find some college students who need some extra $.

Jenn

Comment

Congratulations!!
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congratulations!
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                              X