Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Someone call...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone call...

child services!

We keep the door to Molly's crate closed because Adele likes to open and close it and we were afraid that she would smash her fingers. Well today she did one better. We got home from a playdate and I had to go to the bathroom, Molly was being slow coming out of her crate so I left the door open and when I came back this is what I found. :huh: She was more then happy to play in there I actually had to pry her out because she wouldn't be coaxed out.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: Someone call...

Smart thinking to grab for the camera!

Evie has been hanging out in a 2-year-old size cardboard box and likes to pull the top down to shut herself in. :huh:

Comment

To quote Jamie Hyneman (of Mythbusters; I believe he was in a completely enclosed fire suit of some kind at the time): "I kinda like it in here. It's private."
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I got your back!

*GASP* in hushed tones Is that a pitbull?? Yes, yes it is.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Yep, me too.

~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'm not sure Molly would get in the crate with Adele if they would both fit, she's already lost all of her other "spaces" to the child - I think the crate might be the last straw.

Comment

So cute! I remember when I was little one of my favorite "toys" ever was an empty refrigerator box. My sister and I played for hours with that thing until we finally tore it apart...
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Those pictures are funny. The kiddos look like they are having a ball....the pups on the other hand are thinking "what the....."

Thanks for sharing.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Something tells me that this will eventually be a common sight in our house - the biggest problem we have right now is both dogs wanting to go in the same crate!
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

So cute, you guys! Thanks for posting the photos!

So, when do you use a crate? For what purpose? I'm just curious, because the dogs that I had growing up always had the run of the house. No place was off limits. We're pretty sure this last dog of ours parked himself on the couch, and didn't move much when he was home alone.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We crate both girls (the dog girls) because, being former track dogs, that is what they are the most comfortable with. The dogs I had growing up were always put away in some fashion when we left. There is so much for them to get into trouble with; I have always felt safer knowing EXACTLY where Cleo and Lexi are when we're gone!

They will actually go in their crates any time they just want to get away. I like to think of it as their "happy place"!
                      Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We have crate trained until about 1 yr or so. When they are puppies, it is much easier to know where they are as well as give them a cozy, safe place if you have a crate. We put the crate away with our 2 dogs because frankly the crates were too big and there was not a good place to put them in our new home. I actually felt bad about it because that was their little safety - I wan to get away from you people zone.

The GSD now has taken the laundry room as his little cave and the Golden found a corner in the "office" room. When I can't find them (believe - you can lose large dogs in a house too) that is where they usually are.
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Molly only uses her crate when we're gone. Now I wish we had crate trained her better for when we are home because there are times she just needs to be contained like when we have friends or kids over that don't like or are allergic to dogs.

Comment

Baker is crate trained also. He goes in there to sleep at night with the door open and any other time during the day he wants. He has the run of the house when we're not there (NOT my choice, we differ on this aspect of "parenting", and DF is there 100% of the time vs. my 50%).

Jane - is that a springer spaniel you have??? Baker is a liver and white springer.
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen
                              Jane - is that a springer spaniel you have??? Baker is a liver and white springer.
                              Yes! She is a (black and white, obviously) springer spaniel ... love her sooooooooooo much. We often say that springers are the only dogs that we'll ever own now, she's such an amazing dog.

Maggie gets crated when we're gone too; otherwise, she doesn't spend too much time in her crate because it's in the basement.
                              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                              X