Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Beaba Babycook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaba Babycook

...has anyone used one of these?

Your thoughts?

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products ... %5Fsrc=SCH
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Re: Beaba Babycook

I used something that looks exactly like this almost 15 years ago in Germany. The family I lived with had a baby. I remember telling my host mom that it's what we in the US call a Cuisinart. Hehe. IMO, it's not worth it. :huh:

FWIW, they are MUCH further ahead of the US in terms of baby gear. So, if you have the chance, check out some of the European baby stuff websites online.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

It seems like a useful gadget....but Daegan didn't eat pureed food...he went right to finger foods....maybe Kai will....
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

It struck me that you could steam things in the microwave (maybe in those ziploc steamer bags? That would be less to wash), or in your rice cooker if you have one with a steamer basket, and use one of those stick blender things to puree it. I wasn't really impressed with how the blade didn't seem to chop very evenly; in the video, the first time she ran it, the bottom was done and the top was still big chunks until she scraped down the sides. That's what made me think of the blender stick. It'd do at least that well, and be less hassle to clean and take up less space and be cheaper and be more useful for other things, too. :huh:

I thought the book of baby food recipes looked good, though, and covered ice cube trays make sense for freezing meal-sized portions (though you wouldn't need special baby ones).

Can you tell Alton's gotten to me? I don't like unitaskers, much.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I think I might go the route that Sandy suggests or just get a Cuisinart.

I think living in a city in a teeny tiny apartment with a kitchen the size of most closets makes a unitasker like this unappealing.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I like Gerber.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Davita's MIL got her one, not sure if she's used it yet. I think the upside to this (rather than blender / steam basket / etc.) is that the nutrients that "steam out" of stuff are still there in the juices which is used as part of the puree. I'm going to see how Davita likes hers. I've always made the kiddos babyfood, & my cuisinart is a mammoth compared to this one small thing to take in/out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                I like Gerber.

ME TOO!!! I'm wondering if I would even use it? Hmmm.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

[quote="Michele"]It seems like a useful gadget....but Daegan didn't eat pureed food...he went right to finger foods....quote]

Jack too! So I am glad that I didn't invest in any special gear.

Comment

Working...
                  X