Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh Nap... Where have you gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Nap... Where have you gone?

Sigh... We nap for about 45 minutes in the morning, and 45 minutes in the afternoon... CIO doesn't work for naps, because after 45 minutes she's *recharged* but not *rested*...

Meanwhile, the laundry... piles and piles of laundry...........

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Oh Peggy...so sorry! I may be posting something similar soon...however today was a good nap day for us.

I just did to monster loads while the younger to slept! They went down for 2 hours today...call Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Comment

Uh...I just got back from a forced walk with the stroller because DS was only taking these mini 15 minute naps today. As I type, he is knocked out in the stroller and I am posting here instead of cleaning and prepping dinner! I hope it gets better soon.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Ouch. I *live* for nap time!

BUT, I'm actually considering having DS#1 (3yo) give up his nap (yikes!) and have "quiet time" instead. The reason? Naps keep pushing his bedtime back, the last couple of nights he's been up until 10:00pm!

Anyway, I hope she gets her nap on soon...
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Ugh. My oldest is still has a superhuman resistance to sleeping. So.not.good.
          -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
            BUT, I'm actually considering having DS#1 (3yo) give up his nap (yikes!) and have "quiet time" instead. The reason? Naps keep pushing his bedtime back, the last couple of nights he's been up until 10:00pm!
            Eventually you have to choose between the nap and the bedtime. We started choosing the bedtime at some point because we would have no time together without children, but it depends on the day. I've even been known to use the portable DVD player in bed during quiet time so I could catch a small break/snooze. I wish I could bottle their energy. It's so true that youth is wasted on the young.
            -Ladybug

Comment

Peggy,

Does it make you feel better to know that I *gulp* pick up Aidan from preschool at 11:15, bring their lunch and let them eat in the van, go to the YMCA and play basketball while they play in the huge play area and then at 1 pm I drive around for at least an hour? They both always...always...nod off in the car.

I have been known to waste gas and pollute the environment by driving around St. Cloud listening to my favorite tunes while they sleep.

A mom's got to do...what a mom's got to do! LOL

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
                Ouch. I *live* for nap time!

Anyway, I hope she gets her nap on soon...
                This is what we have just gone to with DD2. I got a kitchen timer and the two girls lay in bed with books for an hour. Then they are O-U-T by 8pm.
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I think she's teething... There is one tooth cutting through-- her first one and she'll be 7 months tomorrow... She's the first of all my kids to be really affected by the teething. She doesn't want to nurse, and she's had this ear piercing scream going on. It's so unlike her- she usually literally doesn't cry unless she's alone in her crib or something...

The good thing is that DH is home for one week (Yay!!!) and so I should get to my laundry at some point.

Boo Hoo though... Teething.
                  Peggy

Comment

Hopefully she'll start taking longer naps soon, Peggy. I think both of my kids started napping better around 8 months or so. Even now it's hit or miss with DD. Sometimes she goes down for 2 hours....other times, only 30 minutes. I just wish she could tell me how long she's planning to sleep so I can better prioritize what I need to get done.

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                    Eventually you have to choose between the nap and the bedtime.
                    So true. DS gave up his naps soon after he turned three. Afternoons are sometimes rough, but he's usually in bed (without a fight) by 7:30.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                      Peggy,

Does it make you feel better to know that I *gulp* pick up Aidan from preschool at 11:15, bring their lunch and let them eat in the van, go to the YMCA and play basketball while they play in the huge play area and then at 1 pm I drive around for at least an hour? They both always...always...nod off in the car.

I have been known to waste gas and pollute the environment by driving around St. Cloud listening to my favorite tunes while they sleep.

A mom's got to do...what a mom's got to do! LOL

Kris
                      So funny! When we first moved to CA our oldest had chronic ear infections and the only way she would nap was sitting up in her car. I would drive for three hours sometimes, park under a tree at the park, learn my way around Northern CA all in an effort to get some quiet time. And I did it all in my Suburban, we left a great carbon footprint there.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Sending good nappy vibes your way!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I feel your pain. DS gave up napping all together at 18 months.

At 2 months, Sophie's naps are completely haphazard. By this time DS was on a fairly specific schedule that he stuck to. Bedtime is even more random. But, last night was great. I went to be around 9. At 10:30 DH brought Sophie in and she nursed then was up at 1:45 and again at 4:45. I wish we could do that every night.
                          Kris

Comment

Yesterday: morning nap 1:45!!! Woo Hoo!

Afternoon nap: 25 minutes.

And then we had people over for dinner, and she didn't get to bed until late-- she was One Crabby Kid... She can't do "up for 10 hours" yet...

Plus teething...
                            Peggy

Comment

Working...
                            X