Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Travel Tips w/15 month old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Tips w/15 month old

Ok gang, Adele & I are flying solo Thursday. Our first flight is 2 1/2 hours long, then we have a 90 minute layover in DFW and then another 1 hour flight. Adele will have her own seat, we will be using a CARES Harness and she's just big enough to use it.

We are checking our suitcase and her carseat and planning to carry on her big diaper bag and gate check her umbrella stroller.

So my plan is to put the following in the diaper bag:
    Diapers
    wipes
    books for both of us, hers are new she's never seen them
    Extra pair of jeans and long sleeve onesie for A
    Extra long sleeve t-shirt for me
    Camera
    A's neck pillow
    Hand sanitizer, tylenol, aquafor
    bib
    sippy cup
    A's birth certificate
    Her blankie
    Pacifiers

What else, I feel like I'm traveling light? She doesn't like crayons, she doesn't really have any small toys that keep her attention. The first flight is during her regular nap time so I'm hoping she'll sleep at least some of it. But I'm afraid its more likely she'll sleep on the way to the airport and not later.

I booked our seats aisle/middle so that we can get up easily if she wants to walk the aisle.

Any help, tips, advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Snacks? Plastic baggies to hold dirty diapers/clothes/etc.?

I'll keep thinking ...
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Can I take snacks? I don't think I can, right? I'll have to pay the ridiculous airport prices for those, won't I?

The plastic bags is good though - since she's not usually in disposables I wouldn't have thought of that.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

You can take snacks.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

You shouldn't need her birth certificate- I've never needed any ID except for at customs when we were entering on his Russian Passport.

Jenn

Comment

We just flew and didn't need birth certificates for the kids. I've heard that sometimes they might ask for one if you are taking a child as an under 2yo lap seat.

You can bring snacks just not water. M&Ms sloooooowly distributed might be a nice treat. I can't remember what the deal was on juice or sippies for kids. I brought an empty sippy to fill once we were on the plane. Sometimes my kids at that age will flip through the on air magazine. Or rip it up page by page which also passes the time! A might be too young for a mini Magna-Doodle (about 3x5") but those are lightweight and small. Do you think she would be briefly entertained by a little finger puppet?

I never pre-board when they offer it to people traveling with young kids and usually board at the last call. It is just means extra time to sit on the plane. I don't need the overhead bin space so getting on early doesn't do me any good.

Comment

You can bring snacks just not liquids/drinks - so you might want to bring an empty sippy cup like someone suggested.

Also another suggestion - and don't frown on me - but when I traveled with the kids I nannied for, their mom gave them the kids meltaway benadryls which seemed to make them a little more relaxed.

And you may want to bring gum if you can trust her to chew gum during landing and take off to help with ears popping!
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
              X