Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bambino Mio Diapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew up front that Sophie was going to be on the small side (I measured small and DS was small too). I had purchased the infant sized prefolds and they were HUGE on her. I ended up getting premie sized prefolds (dang were they cute!) and using newborn covers. The infant sized prefolds worked well in the small covers and I am using standard prefolds in the medium. It is pretty bulky, but I am too cheap to get yet another size diaper for her.

She was in the premie size for about a month and then the infant size for about 2 months.
    Kris

Comment

I was lazy with Kai and used mostly the BGs because they are so easy for me. Daegan did outgrow them and so I bought some others but otherwise, the BGs have been a good investment...and the 3.0s are better than the 2.0s. I'm also really lazy in my washing...I do it everyday but I just throw them in the machine and set it to do a prewash, wash and extra rinse....with about 1/2 tbsp of Charlies. Then I move them all to the dryer. Then stuff while I'm watching TV.

Oh...Kai fit in the BGs pretty much from birth (~7.5bs) and Daegan grew too tall for them around 36 inches....but it might be because he seems to be a little high waisted.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Been using prefolds with wraps for over 7 years now, through 4 kids. I don't see the point in throwing a liner in the toilet - it's more stuff for the treatment plant to deal with, and why not just fling the poop in the toilet w/o the liner?
        Anyway, my diaper service just dumped us (forgive the pun) with 4 days notice, and there is no other service in my area.
        So we're still trying to figure out what to do, but it looks like we'll be washing our own diapers from here on in.
        We've also used washable wipes - basically washcloths - for all the kids. They're really no more gross than anything else you'll encounter in childrearing.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

We don't use liners. I did buy some but never got in the habit of using them. One more thing to add to the routine of changing a moving target is not worth it IMO! But, I gave mine to a friend who said she would not CD without them, so it is obviously a personal preference topic!
          We keep a spatula behind the toilet especially for scraping diapers. Seems to do the job for us!

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
            Great, thanks! I think I'll try cloth, and see how it goes. I'll try a few different brands and see which one works for us.

I see that there are variances in sizes -- do you think it's worth it to buy the newborn size. Is it like clothes, where some babies can go right to the 3-6 month clothes and skip the newborn stuff altogether?
            Depends on the brand, I'd say. If you want to do Thirsties covers, don't skip the X-small size -- it will fit any newborn, even a monster or a shrimp. But if you want to do Swaddlebees fitteds, they're tiny so don't bother with newborn size if you expect even a moderate size kiddo.
            Alison

Comment

Working...
            X