Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

BabyCarrier for a Toddler/Preschooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BabyCarrier for a Toddler/Preschooler

Daegan has out grown the Ergo....but he still likes being worn. Of course, my big reason for still wearing him is selfish....he's a MUCH easier child to deal with while shopping when he's being worn. Russ will usually wear one while I wear the other, but lately it's been me with Daegan in a wrap and Russ with Kai in the Ergo. It's hot and Daegan isn't patient for a long wrap (which would be way more comfy) and so I end up with a poorly tied ruck which kills my shoulders...therefore I am going to get a soft-structured carrier....also Russ will use it and share the wearing of Daegan.

Since I know I'm going to use it a bunch, I'm going to pony up the big bucks and custom order one. I need to pick out some fabric and want some help. Also if you have an opinion on which carrier, I'd appreciate the feedback.

The two carriers I am deciding between are the 18" Olives and Applesauce full buckle carrier and the Kanga XT full buckle carrier.

18"O&A www.olivesandapplesauce.com

Kanga www.bloo-kangaroo.com

I'm leaning towards the Kanga for the cool applique/embroidary options. You can click the "customs" tab on the Kanga site to see some examples.

I know we have some great fabric-o-philes on this site and I would love help. I'm thinking an ocean or beach or sea turtle theme....with either black or blue or green straps...with an applique on the head rest and one on the sleeping hood.

I think this one is neat (but totally not my choice for colors or design).

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Those carriers are cute!

But, I have a question: you said that Daegan "outgrew" the Ergo? Do you mean that he weighs too much for it now? I can still carry DS#1 (3.5yo, maybe 34 pounds?) on my back in my Ergo fairly comfortably, it never occurred to me that he might be too big for it...?
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I know the website shows ( or used to show) a 90 lb woman being carried in one.....
      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

The embroidery and design work is cool. Let us know what you pick.

Comment

Daegan is too tall for the Ergo....when he's in it he wiggles and looks around and leans and it's not comfy for me. He's only 30 pounds (if that) but he's about 38 inches tall....so his shoulders are way above the body. I can wear him in the Ergo if he's being still or sleeping....but if he's being a normal inquisitive boy, it gets to be too much.

Daegan is NOT this big but it accentuates what I mean. This girl is leaning toward her mom, but if she was leaning to grab something off a shelf....
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I had a similar concern, Michele. I know this was a total fluke thing but one time dd2 used her foot on my hip for leverage and almost flipped herself out the back. Granted, I am not certain I had her really sitting down in there but the height played into it. I like the design of those other carriers -- smart design!

Comment

The first kanga is beautiful!!! Have fun choosing
                I have nothing to add, I have only seen older toddlers in the Patapum.

Comment

Those are really cool! I may have to look into that in the next year. My 2 year old monkey boy is already 33 lbs.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I like the kanga- the brown one. Smart design with the high back and ultra paddedness.
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

OK so I decided to order a Kanga XT. My customs slot is up and my fabric is shipped! I need to choose a strap color and pick my embroidery designs.

I know iMSN isn't lacking in opinions! I want 'em!

Here is the fabric:
                      http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.86701325.jpg

Here is a link to the strap colors:
                      http://www.bloo-kangaroo.com/strap/Fabric.html

Here is what the seller had to say (she's seen the fabric in real life - I had it shipped from etsy to her directly):
                      Did you have any ideas for strap colors? Navy or sapphire would look good as would stone or wheat, but you could also do pumpkin for something a little ‘louder’.

What strap color would you choose??

What embroidery design would you do??
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm not sure whether I want loud or plain. Normally I'm a plain, black pants kinda girl but I'm kinda leaning towards something a little more wild....But I don't want to over do it because the pattern is so colorful.
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

If this is too late - I apologize. If you want Russ to wear it also, I would probably go with the navy straps. Pumpkin might be too much for most men, being that it is color and all.
                          Kris

Comment

Russ vetoed pumpkin. I went with black. Mostly because I think it will set off the appliques and embroidery better.
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

That looks like it will be pretty, Michele!

Comment

Working...
                              X