Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

sit and stand strollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sit and stand strollers

So, with the new babe coming this fall, I am wondering about sit and stand strollers. My son (who is 3) is sort of at an annoying stage stroller-wise. Although he doesn't exactly like being in a stroller, he eventually tires out when we are out for the day and requests to be carried if we don't have the stroller (he's nearly 40lbs, so that doesn't last long...) He'll be 4 in January, and the baby's due in November.
    Should I get a sit and stand??
    I don't know anyone who has one, so I'm not sure if I should make the investment or not. He'll be going to a local preschool in the fall of 2010 in which we'll be walking most of the time. The preschool is about 1/3 mile from here.
    Thanks for your help!
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

We are in a similar situation....and it is frustrating! Most of the double strollers / sit and stands / ride on boards that I've found only go to 40 lbs. I think we are going to go with a Bob double stroller because they go to 50 lbs.
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I see a lot of the standing boards around here attached to the back of single buggaboo strollers. They get lots of miles on them so look pretty rugged. If you have a good single stroller you might want to look into an attachment vs. the giant sit & stand style.
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

A standing board would be an affordable option. We have a Joovy Ultralight and have gotten a lot of use out of it. DS is a slow walker so it's nice to have when I need to get somewhere fast. It's a lot easier to push than the single stroller we had so I use it even if it's just me and DD. We got ours from Craig's List...it was 1/2 the price and looked brand new.

Kate, how old is Natalie? DS just turned 4 and has almost outgrown our BOB duallie. He's only about 34 lbs and average height, but his head touches the shade when it's pulled back so now he prefers to ride his bike when we go for a walk.

Comment

Makai,
          Natalie is 4.5 and ~50 lbs and she is tall. Super tall. Shoot! I was hoping we could do the BOB double. I guess I'm back to the drawing board.

I'm not sure what to do - if she's to tall/big for a double stroller, but what do I do with her when we go to the zoo/long walks? Our zoo is super hilly so a wagon is out and her little legs get tired. Is it time to make her start sucking it up? 8 ( She does ride her bike around the neighborhood - but we can't take a bike to the zoo......

(Sorry for the hijack!)
          Kate
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

What about a Radio Flyer wagon? Is this really old school, Kate?
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
            X