Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Quinny Zapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinny Zapp

Anyone have any experience?

Obviously I'm drawn to it b/c of the name - but it also looks really, really cool, and I HATE my Combi stroller. Since I've been walking we've pulled out our old Evenflo "Travel System" stroller that we've had since Jacob was born so that I can keep that in the garage and not be pulling a stroller in/out of the car (therby forgetting to put it back in the car and being high and dry). It's awful on walks. Poor Mattie is getting jostled everywhere.

DH is quite opposed to any more strollers. He thinks I'm nuts. But I found this one for just $120~ WAY cheap for a Quinny http://www.albeebaby.com/quinny-zapp...ight-pink.html

Wasn't Alison looking at Quinnys?

I have no idea about that stroller. Is there a store where you could test it out? I can see the hesitation to buy one for the last kid but if is the difference between easy or not to get out and walk, it's worth it (or at least worth it to get something different than the combi).

Comment

I've started reading online reviews, and it sounds like it steers great, but doesn't have any storage (which is one of my complaints about the combi). I'll have to keep looking ... such a great deal .... hard to pass up ....

Comment

I was actually looking more at the Quinny Buzz for us, and we liked it so much more than the Bugaboo. The mechanics of the Buzz were so much better and it just made more sense than the Bugaboo. For whatever reason, when we wanted to actually purchase the stroller, it seemed like wherever we went, they were phasing Quinnys out. When we'd ask why, no one was really able to give us an answer. It made me nervous, because I was worried there'd be no way to get any service on the stroller - short of calling some number in the Netherlands - if we needed it

That said, when I was looking at the Buzz, I also tried out the Zapp. The storage space is virtually nil, but the thing is really well-made, lays down SO flat and has awesome steering. And it's SO light!

I've seen the Zapp at Baby Gap, Giggle, and the Land of Nod. Do you have those stores where you are?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Question: Are the Quinnys, Bugaboos, Bobs, etc. worth the cost? We are looking at the Graco Snugride 32 travel system. It seems to manuver easliy and the Snugride 32 seat ranks highly for safety. However, I'm still unable to lift due to the pregnancy and DrK says that the stroller itself if very heavy. I won't be able to try it out until after I deliver. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the highjack but while we are talking strollers. . .
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I too don't like the travel systems - when A was in her car seat we just used the snap and go. When she out grew her infant car seat we went to an umbrella stroller. For 2 we're going to the double seater Phil & Ted, front and back because I"m petite and didn't want to deal with a side by side.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We are getting our Bugaboo as a gift (I've mentioned this elsewhere). I think even if that weren't the case, we still would have gone with the Bugaboo. We're done with training, this is our first kid, we're starting relatively later with having children, and we like equipment. That's the perfect storm for buying overpriced crap you probably don't need.

I don't know if they're worth the cost, but selecting a stroller together was one of the fun things dh and I did together, and something that he was genuinely excited about. I don't know how you can get a man excited about a breast pump, nursery colors, or a baby carrier -- at least not my dh.

Comment

We shopped for strollers last weekend. We went to the Italian Festival and DrK was checking out everyone's buggys so I knew he was ready. I was surprised that DrK was interested and I felt a lot better about baby gear after test driving a couple. At the festival, everyone had ciccos, jeeps, or gracos. They didn't have any buggaboo, quinnys, etc. at Babies R Us either. I don't even know where to find them to try out.

Comment

You usually have to find a boutique type baby store to try out the higher end strollers - look at their websites you can then search for retailers that carry them.

Comment

Is there one you can recommend in Wichita?

Comment

I don't know anything about baby shops in Wichita, I never baby shopped there. I know they have a Babies R Us that is about all I can say. I'm sure you can look online.

Comment

I just caved and bought a Maxi-Cosi "Perle" http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...74#showReviews . It retails at $179, but I (somehow) got $60 off (receipt said "off selected items", but there was nothing posted by the strollers), and I had a 10% off coupon, so I got it for about $107. It's much sturdier, drives smoothly, HAS A CUPHOLDER AND DECENT SIZED BASKET, and comes with a rain cover. The only issue I forsee is that it is kind of heavy for an umbrella stroller, but considering that I used to do a double stroller, it really doesn't phase me.

FWIW - BabiesRUs actually had a Quinny Zapp and a Quinny Buzz. The Zapp was in my price range, but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the online purchase. Still no cupholder and really tiny basket. They sure do look cool, though.

Comment

Sweet! Yay for storage space. And yay for getting a good deal, too!

You have to report back -- I have the Maxi Cosi infant car seat, and it looks like you can snap it into the stroller you've just bought... After the novelty wears off of pushing the equivalent of a small apartment around, we may be in the market for something like what you've bought.

So, do let me know how you like it!

Comment

Working...
                          X