Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Explain to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain to me...

Could one of you please explain why when I take my daughter's diaper off, it's an invitation to pee and drench everything within pee range.

And contrary to popular belief, girl's pee DOES go up in the air and DOES form an arc.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Cool air on a warm tushie - very common. Although, Sophie's tends to look like a drinking fountain that doesn't work very well... And I generally don't notice until I am dressing her and all of her clothes are soaked.
    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
      Cool air on a warm tushie - very common. Although, Sophie's tends to look like a drinking fountain that doesn't work very well... And I generally don't notice until I am dressing her and all of her clothes are soaked.
      So does Lauren's!
      Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

We've got the full on waterworks here, I'm afraid. Yikes!

I'm learning something new every single day. I never babysat and haven't been around kids much. Talk about a steep learning curve!

Comment

I read a potty-training book for babies when I was nursing in the beginning (when that's all I seemed to do!) and the author said it's a very common occurrence for newborns. That was one of her reasons to put them on the potty as babies. She made it sound easy but I was too exhausted to try it.

And you think getting sprayed with #1 is bad, #2 is much worse!! Somehow I was in the eye of that storm, while my husband who was standing right next to me was left unscathed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
            And you think getting sprayed with #1 is bad, #2 is much worse!! Somehow I was in the eye of that storm, while my husband who was standing right next to me was left unscathed.
            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
              And you think getting sprayed with #1 is bad, #2 is much worse!!
              I was just about to post that. I'd never changed a diaper before DS#1, so I was *shocked* and *horrified* by the projectile pooping.

So much they don't tell us...
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
                So much they don't tell us...
                It's because otherwise we would have NO incentive whatsoever to procreate. Honestly - there is nothing logical about having children. They take take take for years on end.

And yet, I wouldn't mind having just one more.
                Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                  Honestly - there is nothing logical about having children.
                  DH says this all the time. We were just talking about this the other day, and he was saying how there's no *rational* reason to have kids and that they're such a pain in the ass. (Wait ... that sounds kinda bad ... )
                  ~Jane

Comment

Yep, A used to pee all the time too! So frustrating! Of course I'm told boys are even worse, I guess I'll find out - I have NO idea how to change a boy.
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                      I guess I'll find out - I have NO idea how to change a boy.
                      I think boys are pretty easy to change. All the stuff is, ah, on the outside ... and all you have to do to wipe is, uh, move the stuff to one side and wipe, and then, uh, move it back over and wipe.
                      ~Jane

Comment

I should have visited this thread 6 months ago. Why did I stay out until it's too late?

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
                          I think boys are pretty easy to change. All the stuff is, ah, on the outside ... and all you have to do to wipe is, uh, move the stuff to one side and wipe, and then, uh, move it back over and wipe.

Yeah, with girls you have all these little nooks and crannies. I think my record for number of wipes used was 7. A 7 wipe job... I think I was even wiping poop off M's feet...

And I'm totally with you on the there's no rational reason to have kids.
                          I don't think I've bought a single item of clothing for myself in almost a year, other than maternity stuff, and even THAT is for the baby albeit indirectly. *sigh*

Boy, do I know how to whine or what?!

Comment

We had our first poop-while-in-the-pool incident today! Now that was a mess!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                              Yep, A used to pee all the time too! So frustrating! Of course I'm told boys are even worse, I guess I'll find out - I have NO idea how to change a boy.
                              I've heard it's good to quickly put a washcloth or cloth diaper over the penis as soon as you open the diaper, so there's not the change in temp. that makes them want to pee!

Comment

Working...
                              X