Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2nd Birthday Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Birthday Party

Hey gang, so what do you think for a 2 year old - Sesame Street or Ladybug?

I was leaning toward Ladybug but A has really become a SS fan in the last few weeks and I figured I'd probably prefer to do that one while she's younger rather then older. And it has to be SS not just Elmo, DH hates Elmo

This year's cake is going to be tricky I'm going to probably make it in Rochester, freeze it and then transport it to KC because I don't think I'll have time to make it in KS this year.

I was thinking this ladybug cake:

or one of these SS cakes:

Ladybug
    31.58%
    Sesame Street
    68.42%

The poll is expired.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

If A loves SS I might go with that, bc the sheet cake looks much easier to transport then the ladybug... IMHO
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I really like the ladybug idea but I think that you can use that later on. And since she is a really big sesame street fan right now I would go for that!
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

They have 2-3" figurines of Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster at the Target Dollar Spot right now if you are looking for toppers or favors. They aren't holding the instruments like in that cake but they would work I'm sure.

Comment

I like the Sesame Street theme!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I love the LadyBug, but I agree, you could use that for A for many years to come. (Heck -- I'd even take one for my birthday...haha!!) If she loves SS, go for it, she may not love it next year.
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with the previous posters. In the end, it doesn't really matter though. Both would be fine.

I think you should go with the ladybug because it is what you want. A will only grow older and older and more willfull. It may not be Sesame Street next year, but it will be Dora or Disney Princesses or something else. She will not remember her 2nd birthday party, but you will. Plus your dh doesn't like Elmo. I think the older she gets the harder it will be to do a ladybug or what you want to do.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

What's wrong with Elmo?

Is it that he(?) says "Me want, me like, me go...?"

I can't stand that character, either! I love the Count!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

The ladybug is cuter! Heidi has a point. We has SS for DD#1 because she loved it. She really enjoyed the birthday. I just asked her and she doesn't remember she 2nd or 3rd birthdays. She barely recalls her 4th where she had a Dora-themed birthday with DH running around acting like Swiper the Fox. I think I would go with the easier cake to make and transport.
                  Needs

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                    What's wrong with Elmo?

Is it that he(?) says "Me want, me like, me go...?"

I can't stand that character, either! I love the Count!
                    He says "Elmo wants, Elmo likes, Elmo go . . ."

In a voice like a buzz saw.

Don't get me started on SS analysis. (What's with the friendship between Telly and Baby Bear?? Isn't Telly like an adult and Baby Bear some kind of preschooler?)

Cheri, I voted Sesame Street because you know she's into it right now, but the ladybug arguments are also persuasive and I think you win either way.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I voted Ladybug b/c it looks like a much easier cake to make / deal with / transport, and Heidi is right -- A won't remember it.

Comment

I'm apparently not tech savvy enough anymore to paste the picture I was trying for. I have a girlfriend who just made SS cupcakes based off of a picture on www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com. They turned out SO cute! I actually voted for a ladybug party, but if you go with the SS theme, I'd consider the cupcakes. They may be easier to make ahead and transport.
                        -Deb
                        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Ok, if I do the Sesame Street I may just have to attempt these:

http://www.bakerella.com/street-party/

How cute!

Comment

Did you see these?

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/...me-street.html
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                              I did - I love her blog, but I think those are out of my league. I haven't worked with fondant and probably won't have time to practice before then.

Comment

Working...
                              X