Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Are your kids getting the H1N1 vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are your kids getting the H1N1 vaccine?

I'm not sure what we are doing right now. A friend that studies vaccines feels comfortable with her son getting it so that does give me some reassurance. I actually need to call our pedi and see if they even have it in I guess. My older DD is in a preschool class but the little one stays home with me if that matters.
    Last edited by mrsmcms; 10-10-2009, 08:09 PM.

When it becomes available here, yes - we'll all 3 get it.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My entire family will absolutely be getting it. We already got the regular flu shot last week.

Comment

Yep, we are getting it.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Both my kids received the H1N1 nasal spray today as well as the regular flu shot.
          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

My kids' pediatrician recommends it, so they'll both be getting it.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Yep. Both our pediatrician AND dh's cousin (a pediatrician in an ED in Atlanta) said we should.

Comment

As soon as the shot version of the H1N1 vaccine comes in, the dude will get it. My husband doesn't want him to have the mist given his history of upper respiratory infections. As for the regular flu shot- that will hopefully happen this week.

Jenn

Comment

We'll get it. But I'm not sure it's avail for us yet. I'm waiting for the shot for Steven and me b/c of a hist of asthma, but the others can get the flu mist... Of course my middle schooler has already come down with H1N1 (not diagnosed by a test, but the nurse said that's what she has b/c that's the only flu that's going around here right now... still not sure about the *diagnosis* but OK...)... She's still supposed to get the vaccine b/c apparently there can be other strains and she can still come down with it yet again.
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Nope.
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

No - it's not going to be available here while I'm still pregnant, so it almost took any consideration away for me. We all will get the seasonal flu vax, as we always do. DH has seen tons of influenza A. Most of the swine flu here seems to be staying on campus and away from the general population.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We will not be getting the H1N1 vaccine. It is only available in a mist which is produced by one manufacturer. They are not able to make enough to go around so only high risk groups are able to receive the vaccine. It is being highly regulated, at least around here. Some schools are supposedly getting some. Our peds office is not getting any, at least that they are admitting to anyway. DH will be getting one since he is in a high risk group associated with pregnant women. I thought he was joking at first.
                        Needs

Comment

Hmm...I find it compelling that the ID Doc's wife isn't getting one. I must find out more.

We are getting one. In Hamilton County Ohio, schools are offering it.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                            Hmm...I find it compelling that the ID Doc's wife isn't getting one. I must find out more.

Kelly

I was thinking the same thing Kelly...

Kris?
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post

Kelly
                              Same here!

Can you elaborate, Kris?
                              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                              With fingernails that shine like justice
                              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                              X