Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Multi Child Baby Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Child Baby Monitor

Grr. This is more of a gripe than anything. We're looking at moving both boys to their own rooms but I want to be able to hear them both. The multi-child monitors are all out of stock everywhere I've looked. I guess we are just going to have two separate monitors....I hope there isn't too much interference.

I have seen the home security type ones....but like in the $250+ price range. A little more than I wanted to spend. If there is too much interference between two different monitors then I guess we will go that route.

I figured with the increase in technology, there would be better options.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

We used to just use two sound and lights monitors. I don't remember having any issues. I actually prefer those to the new pricey varieties.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm up at 3am because there is so much static from the new monitor that I had to turn it off. Now I'm in the living room trying to fall back asleep close enough to just hear Daegan. Maybe I need nighttime Xanax.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh that stinks! I am so sorry Michele. I wish I had some good advice. Transitioning is way harder for mom than anyone else. Hang in there!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
          I'm up at 3am because there is so much static from the new monitor that I had to turn it off. Now I'm in the living room trying to fall back asleep close enough to just hear Daegan. Maybe I need nighttime Xanax.
          Would you really not be able to hear him if he cried (w/o a monitor)? I don't use a monitor overnight at all. Mattie's room is the one closest to our bedroom, but b/c of the way our 2nd floor is laid out, it's still about 1/2 way across the house from me (and we close her bedroom door AND ours). I use the monitor if we're hanging out outside, or occasionally if we're in the basement, & I use the video monitor so I can peek in if she's fussing a bit -- but I don't use a monitor overnight at all. I bet you'd hear him.

Comment

I don't know if I'd hear him or not. What I don't want is him trying to walk to our room in the middle of the night b/c Tui is a guard dog and WILL growl/snap at him if he tries to enter our bedroom. His room is on the opposite end of the house and both dogs are in our room (Pula snores), so there is a fair amount of ambient noise in our room. I'd probably hear a cry or loud wail...but I hate for him to get that upset...and it makes me wake up in a panic. Can we say jumpy much?
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Hmmm ... the dog part didn't occur to me, b/c ours wouldn't even blink. But, what's to say he won't get out of his bed quietly and walk into your room? That part would scare me more than him getting upset enough for you to hear him.

Comment

I think I'd hear him....but there is a chance he'd be too quiet. When Kai is hungry, I hear him tossing, then he makes smacking sounds with his mouth....he doesn't actually wake up to a whine or cry....so I think I'd be sensitive to small sounds in Daegan's room. Yeah, Tui isn't the most kid-friendly dog. I can't imagine giving her up or putting her down though....we've just been lucky in working around it so far.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                X