Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

shoes that are more like socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoes that are more like socks

I'm the parent who keeps her kids barefoot for forever. J is 13 months and still not walking but she's almost there, and since it's getting chilly out there, I'd like some shoes for her, but I don't want heavy sneakers or fancy dress shoes... I think there is a type of shoe that's really flexible and good for toddlers just learning to toddle? I can't remember what kind it is, but I figured someone out here might have some recommendations!

Thanks!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Do you mean robeez? Love those--got a pair as a gift. They're like a thin moccasin with kind of a single-layer, suede sole.

For cheaper knockoffs, I bought and really liked soft-soled shooshoos.
    Last edited by Auspicious; 10-13-2009, 05:51 PM.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Robeez are good, but pricey. I got the knock-off ones from Target and they worked just fine.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
        Robeez are good, but pricey. I got the knock-off ones from Target and they worked just fine.
        Yup. The ones at Target are the same but only like 12 bucks.

Comment

Yep, A had one pair of Robeez that were a gift, the rest were knock-offs from either Target or Babies R Us, pretty much any kids store has a soft soled knock-off. I also used them just to keep her socks on when it was cold.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Dude had robeez because what the heck, we were only going to do it once! (I'm sure that's how he'll justify asking for the pony, the car and the college education, too)

It really did help him 'get' the walking thing though because the Russians had him in inches think layers of wool socks and I don't think he could figure out where the floor was.

J.

Comment

We swore by Robeez until DS came along - he could get them off. I switched to Pepiped. They're expensive, but lasted WAY longer than Robeez style, and the soles are a little thicker, so I think they might be better when it's cold.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We really like See Kai Run shoes, but they can be hard to find.

Comment

I am a fan of both Robeez and See Kai Run. I just picked up a pair of 'Skidders' the other day at Target for pretty cheap. Can't recall if they were $12 or less. (A new Target just opened and I have been there three times this week for all sorts of stuff!)

http://myskidders.com/

Comment

Thanks!!!
                    Peggy

Comment

I also agree with the See Kai Run and Pedipeds. They are great shoes and are so cute.

Comment

I just googled see kai run and went to zappos to see what they look like... Now I'm going to probably have to buy some. They are so adorable. I don't remember cute shoes like that for my other kids!
                        Peggy

Comment

Another big fan of Pedipeds and Robeez here. Robeez makes some "thicker" soled booties as well, little boots for winter, so cute. I have to say I like the Pedipeds better than Robeez.
                          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Peggy I really loved Soft Star Shoes from Corvallis - I don't know how to add a link

Comment

Check the upcoming Women's and Children's sale at Nordys in a few weeks. When I was pregnant, I bought a pair of Robeez off the sale rack for M for $13.
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                              X