Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help with my 1y/o and 3y/o wish lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my 1y/o and 3y/o wish lists

They both have birthdays right near the holidays so they get lots of gifts at one time of the year (I usually hide half of them and pull them out throughout the year though). Anyway, the grandmoms and my friends are going to be asking what to get the girls this year so I am asking you what are your 1 and 3 y/o's favorite toys? Our 1 year old really doesn't NEED anything so mostly she is 'asking' for new tub toys since ours can't seem to come clean anymore. Aside from tub toys, we have more kids music CDs and a playhut listed so far.

Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by mrsmcms View Post
    They both have birthdays right near the holidays so they get lots of gifts at one time of the year (I usually hide half of them and pull them out throughout the year though). Anyway, the grandmoms and my friends are going to be asking what to get the girls this year so I am asking you what are your 1 and 3 y/o's favorite toys? Our 1 year old really doesn't NEED anything so mostly she is 'asking' for new tub toys since ours can't seem to come clean anymore. Aside from tub toys, we have more kids music CDs and a playhut listed so far.

Any other suggestions?
    We have two three-year-olds and they play with: Baby dolls, mini strollers, plastic animals, Hot Wheels, puzzles (the wood-backed are sturdier), washable markers, washable paint, books, play tools (medical and "normal"), play kitchen stuff. Often there is a synergy (or at least an excuse for pulling out three things at once): where one kid is having a tea party with the plastic animals and the other is doing puzzles or playing with dolls nearby. (Current favorite activity for my 3yo daughter is teaching her "baby" to do things like bake, play piano, etc.)

If you have a high noise tolerance there is an awesome percussion instrument set from Melissa & Doug that's fairly sturdy -- we got it for our then-3yo when the twins were 1, and I think one item is now broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_ View Post

If you have a high noise tolerance there is an awesome percussion instrument set from Melissa & Doug that's fairly sturdy -- we got it for our then-3yo when the twins were 1, and I think one item is now broken.
      You sound like you have all the patience in the world!!!!!

Comment

All doc's kids need this toy. It's a crash cart. We got it when DD was two (it's been updated a LOT since then), and it is still one of their favorites, as well as one of the toys that the kids play with a ton when we have friends over.

http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/item...c_Medical_Cart

Craft items are really popular with my three year old. We also have a ball pit that they both love (just a small one from Toys R Us). Anything for dolls is a sure-fire bet around here for both DD and DS. Your three year old (depending on personality) may also be getting old enough to start with dress-up clothes.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

LOVE the crash cart! Too cute! No kids - but lots of friends with kids...
          My Little Pony's seems to be a hit amongst the girlies. Princess stuff, too. Coloring/crafting like Deebs said.
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

By three we were full on into the Thomas the Tank engine craze so I had to tamp that back a bit.

He wasn't with us at one- (a whole 'nother story) but we did get him at 13 months and the focus was clothes.

He's always loved puzzles- floor puzzles would be fun for the 3yo.

Jenn

Comment

I'd agree with DC Jenn on the puzzles. By 3 1/2 dress up is going to be huge - I know Lillian Vernon has dress up both boys and girls outfits. My 3 1/2 year old loves to dress up like a fire fighter and we have to help him put out the fire or we get to be the people who need to be saved.

Comment

With my three year old right now puzzles are huge. She loves horses, playing games (she has two older sisters) like candy land castle, hi ho cheerio and any matching game. She also loves books and anything Dora.
                Needs

Comment

Thank you for all the ideas!

Comment

BOTH my 3-year-old and my just-turned-2-year-old play all the time with their little play kitchen, sets of dishes, and plastic food. We got them for my oldest 8 years ago and they're really been a constant hit, with visiting friends as well. Playmobil/lego things (we have an ambulance, patients, and docs, ) are also good. Playdoh toys, like cookie cutters or extruders, are a bit putzy to clean, but my 3-year-old plays playdoh at least once a day! I also agree with the dress-up idea- any sort of leotards, tutus, hats, plastic fireman coat, you name it. We got 2 out of 3 Halloween costumes this year out of our exixting dress-up box (pink sparkly flapper dress, and cowgirl, respectively) and only had ot actually go shopping for the 8 year old, ha!
                    Art project things like wikki stix, pipecleaners, big chunky beads for stringing, or stamps are also fun. I didn't look where you live, but outdoor toys for snow were always great for me when I was little, or a fancy umbrella and boots... I still remember the rainbow umbrella and mathcing tote bag I got from grandma when I was 3!
                    Anyway, I could go on, but those are probably some of the best.
                    Jenn

Comment

Working...
                    X