Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

sleep question - is this cruel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually it was more that M and I were supposed to try to get my milk to come in -- that's why I was bringing her to the breast and pumping like a crazy woman. It's pretty funny to sit there with two empty bottles attached to a pump and 15 minutes later STILL have two empty bottles. And it's also super fun to wake up a baby, nipple-whip her, take off all her clothes and get her to latch onto empty breasts. Bitter? Who me?

To be honest, it's not the LCs fault that M is the way she is; I'm just being a bitter hag. She's a baby, and babies wake up all the time throughout the night.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Alison it is TOTALLY understandable to feel bitter about that. The LC can be way overbearing. The LCs that came in to see me at the hospital got a really curt, No thanks I've nursed other kids before this, from me. And I had issues with feeding my last 2 babies. I think that if I HAD used the *support* of a LC I probably would've been so stressed that it never would've happened for us...

Anyway, you are doing great. Seriously, in 1 year you will be amazed that you beat yourself up at all over the whole Bf/bottle feed controversy. When your baby is eating random pieces of goldfish crackers off of the floor of your kitchen, you'll know what I mean...
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
        Anyway, you are doing great. Seriously, in 1 year you will be amazed that you beat yourself up at all over the whole Bf/bottle feed controversy. When your baby is eating random pieces of goldfish crackers off of the floor of your kitchen, you'll know what I mean...
        So very true!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

If we add a second child to our family, I am going to be much more confident about how we do things. If rent for a one-bedroom apartment is $2500, you can imagine what a lactation consultant charges here... I feel like we should have put that money towards a hotel night at the coast in a swanky hotel. I'm sure I would have had a better chance getting my milk to come in that way.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
          X