Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Toddler Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler Camera

Does anyone have a toddler who has one of the toddler (i.e. indestructible) digital cameras? We're thinking about getting A one for Christmas because she is obsessed with ours...

I would love some recs.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

We have the vtech, and it's held up great to the boys. The picture quality sucks, but that's not exactly what A will be looking for. My boys got into the ability to turn things into bats, etc. (which annoyed the heck out of me) ...

But it has held up.

Comment

We have the Vtech camera as well and it's done well over the years. I haven't even ever uploaded his pictures because for him its more about taking the picture than seeing it.

Also, there are some games with in the camera that he likes to play.

It does suck up batteries though so be prepared.

jenn

Comment

Vtech here too. Has been dropped and stepped upon and it still works. We've never uploaded a picture though.
        Also gone through many battery changes here.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Yes - lots of batteries. Especially when one of your children decides it might work like a DVR so decides to set it up in front of the TV and turn the video camera mode on, so that he might be able to watch his favorite show in the car later.

You know, if something like that were to happen ....

Comment

We have the fisher price one that we got for DS1, that is H2O proof...it is still going strong! I also found a less expensive version for DD2...both have provided ooodles of fun for them!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
              Yes - lots of batteries. Especially when one of your children decides it might work like a DVR so decides to set it up in front of the TV and turn the video camera mode on, so that he might be able to watch his favorite show in the car later.

You know, if something like that were to happen ....
              That is hysterical!
              Kris

Comment

I just bought the Fisher Price one for DS#1 for his birthday in a couple of weeks so I don't have any direct feedback about it yet, but a friend's daughter has the same (Fisher Price) camera and she really loves it. The picture quality isn't great (I think it's like 1.2 mp or something), but I'm guessing that won't really matter to A.

You do know, though, that giving A her "own" camera isn't likely to reduce her interest in yours...
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Yes - lots of batteries.
                  Best advice I got @ my baby shower was to invest in recharging stations and rechargeable batteries!

Comment

We had the Fisher Price, and it died a couple of weeks ago. It lasted for over a year, though and DD loved it. I just ordered the V-Tech from their website (and got a really good deal) on Monday, so that will be coming Christmas morning. I would have gone with either brand, but let $$ make the decision for me.
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We have the Fisher Price one and it has been going strong for 2 years. It got a lot of use during year # 1 (almost daily for the first 6 months) and has gotten moderate use since. The picture quality is awful - but Natalie doesn't seem to care. And battery usage hasn't been bad - maybe because it doesn't take video (or at least our model doesn't).
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X