Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

HELP! He won't stop crying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to add that Annabelle's doctor told us that we had place her in a upright position at least 30 minutes after feedings. That advice has really helped. The boppy pillow works great. But like I said before... we Never lay her flat on her back unless we are changing her diaper. And even then I normally have to sit her up for a few seconds in the middle of changing her because she'll start to gag.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Well we got a prescription for Zantac, we'll see how he does with it. He's already had his first dose. Thanks for all the advice, I'm glad I took him in today instead of waiting until the 11th. Which also works out well b/c she'd want to see him at 2 weeks anyway and now we don't have to make an extra trip.

Oh and he's also 11lbs 7oz - wow!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
        Well we got a prescription for Zantac, we'll see how he does with it. He's already had his first dose. Thanks for all the advice, I'm glad I took him in today instead of waiting until the 11th. Which also works out well b/c she'd want to see him at 2 weeks anyway and now we don't have to make an extra trip.

Oh and he's also 11lbs 7oz - wow!
        If it's really reflux you will see a big difference by the end of the day! I HOPE this the easy fix for you!

BTW What type of formula is he on? Annabelle was 13lbs 2oz yesterday when I had to take her in. If I remember right our babies were born the same week. I don't know about but my back is killing me from taking care this big baby! LOL!

Comment

Holy moly - he is a big boy. Here's hoping the script helps!
          Kris

Comment

He was on the Sam's brand regular formula and breast milk until a few days ago. Yesterday we switched him to the Sam's brand gentle which is equivalent to the Enfamil Gentlease, I think is what its called. Its $5 more per can but after the weeks we've had I'm willing to pay it. If that and the Zantac help I'll be in heaven!

I just checked A's baby book and she was 10.21 pounds at 2 months and 12.5 pounds at 4 months - I don't think it will take him long to outpace her

Comment

He was on the Sam's brand regular formula and breast milk until a few days ago. Yesterday we switched him to the Sam's brand gentle which is equivalent to the Enfamil Gentlease, I think is what its called. Its $5 more per can but after the weeks we've had I'm willing to pay it. If that and the Zantac help I'll be in heaven!

I just checked A's baby book and she was 10.21 pounds at 2 months and 12.5 pounds at 4 months - I don't think it will take him long to outpace her
              The reason I asked is because the lactation nurse told me last week that babies needing to be on the gentle formula (or with protein allergies/sensitivities like Annabelle has) also tend to have reflux issues. I was just curious. I those LN do know a thing or two!

Comment

NIGHT AND DAY! That was the difference between this afternoon/evening and yesterday - seriously! He'd sit and look around for long periods of time, I was able to put him down so that I could play with Adele. It was AMAZING! I'm going to send my ped flowers or something, ok not really but DH is going to send her an e-mail tomorrow. I LOVE Zantac!

Comment

NIGHT AND DAY! That was the difference between this afternoon/evening and yesterday - seriously! He'd sit and look around for long periods of time, I was able to put him down so that I could play with Adele. It was AMAZING! I'm going to send my ped flowers or something, ok not really but DH is going to send her an e-mail tomorrow. I LOVE Zantac!
                  I'm so happy for you! And for him!!! He must be so much more comfortable now!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I knew it. I just knew it! When you said that he was stiff as a board, I just knew it had to be the reflux. That is exactly what Annabelle does! I'm so so so happy its working out and that he feels better!!!

FYI When my baby got bigger she needed a higher dosage. I think it's based on weight. If he is gaining like our little chucky monkey, he'll need a high dosage in a couple weeks.

Yay! I love it when things get worked out nice and easy!

Comment

Hooray! So glad to hear it!
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Yay! So glad it helped!

Comment

I am Cheri - I am so glad to hear it! Like Moonlight said, you will need to have the dosage adjusted frequently.
                          Kris

Comment

Yep, the ped told us we would have to adjust it with him. We go back in on the 11th for his 2 month check up so we'll start there.

Thanks guys - I probably wouldn't have called if you all hadn't nudged me.

Comment

Congrats on getting baby's problem solved! I have had stomach/reflux issues my whole life, so I can imagine how terrible it must be for a baby At least there are good meds out there to help.

Comment

Cheri: Sorry to chime in so late. Reflux was my thought, too. DD used to do the exact same thing re: stiff body. And she had BAD reflux. I hope things are getting better.

Comment

Working...
                                X