Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Carseat for three-year-old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carseat for three-year-old

So since we're talking about carseat, I just measured Richard and he will be hitting 39 in. The the height limit on his Britax Roundabout is 40 in. He is also 36 lbs. Clearly he can't go into a booster yet, so what do you all suggest. I'm seeing a lot about the Graco Nautilus and the big Britaxes. Anyone have the Britax Regent, I found it on sale.

PS DH is just certain that he is ready for a booster at 40 lbs. Whatever dude. Not happening. I told him he is welcome to call the ped. and ask her if he doesn't believe me.
    Last edited by Chrisada; 01-10-2010, 10:08 PM.

No booster yet! DH can get a carseat safety pamphlet from the hospital if you need the back-up for your stance.

My sister has the Britax that goes from a 5pt harness to a booster and loves it! It may be the Regent. I'm going to be saving for one as my 2 year old (3 in March) is close to or at 40 lbs -- that's the limit for the Roundabout and that's what my mom has in her car. I know. My kid's stout. He's built like a wrestler or football player. LOL
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I have a Britax Boulevard and a Graco Nautilus and while the Britax is clearly more plush, I'm thrilled with the Nautilus. It's easy to get DD in and out of, she loves the cup holder and the side little 'pockets' under the armrests. She keeps a ziploc bag of goldfish in there and her sunglasses on the other side. I have friends that have the Regent and love it so I don't think you can go wrong.

As for why the Regent may be on sale so much, I think it may be discontinued since they now have the Frontier out which will replace it.

Hopefully this link will work - I did a search on this site for 'Nautilus Frontier' and got several comparison threads:

http://www.car-seat.org/search.php?searchid=2291921

Comment

Re: Carseat for three-year-old

We have the Regent and it is HUGE!!! It takes up half my back seat Its great that he can use a 5pt til he's 80# but it's massive. We got a Radian 65 and I love it!!! Its very narrow and light enough to carry for plane travel. Plus it had great reviews on car-seat.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We got the Britax Frontier for DS#1 when he was 3yo (I moved him out of the Marathon because his brother needed the bigger car seat, not because he outgrew it). It has a 5-point harness and can be converted into a booster seat when he's older. I've been very happy with it, and it's super-sturdy so I feel comfortable that he's very safe in it.

I have friends who all had this debate about the Graco Nautilus vs the Britax Frontier, and some have gotten the Nautilus (it's cheaper) and been very happy with it as well. You might go to a store and try them out (sit your kid in them, etc) to see how you like them, I think the BRU in Northville has them in stock so you can compare them side-by-side.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Thanks girls! I think we found a solution involving no money. I just looked up the Evenflo Triumph, which DH has for his car and the height and weight limit goes all the way to 50 in. and 50 lbs. So I think we will just transfer Richard to that permanently in my car. And then in a few months we will stop using the infant carrier and pass the Roundabout down to Pierce. I knew there were some advantages to having kids back to back! I love getting double usage out of these expensive carseats.

Comment

We love the Triumph -- that's what DH has in his car. Unfortunately, my mom HAS to have a carseat because she takes Kenny often enough that transferring carseats would be a PITA!
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We have the Graco Nautilus and Radian 65. Love them both, but the Graco WAY more. It's incredibly easy to install in any car. We have the Radian for my car because I have three carseats in a row in an SUV, so it's a tight squeeze. Keep in mind - both of these seats have a steel plate along the backside, greatly increasing protection. The Graco also has great side head protection. I just feel like my kids are really safe in it. We just moved our two year old up to the Nautilus in DH's minivan, and it works great both for him and the four year old.
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We have a Britax Marathon, which I think IS the Regent but I'm not sure... it's 3 years old... but my tall 4 year old sits in it just fine and we're very happy with it. It IS really tall, but no taller than the kind of booster seat with the headrest (Graco, etc.) so either way, your rearview visibility just goes down for a while with an older kid until they finally get lower again when they sit onthe normal seat (like my 8 year old finally does, ).

Comment

This is the Regent:

the Marathon and Boulevard are similar.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

This is the Marathon:

The base doesn't detach from the seat, but it does allow for greater range of incline for forward and rear facing.
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Our 1 year old is in the marathon and 3 year old has recently upgraded to the regent. love them both! The only thing with the regent is the bulk. you need a large vehicle or van and it is heavy so you would want to put it in a car and keep it there, not really for car pool switch ups or air plane travel.
                        Wife to PGY5 ortho resident
                        ~~~~~
                        SAHM to 3

Comment

Just saw that the Regent is on sale at Albee Baby for $160, including shipping. I think that's a great price, and if you're going to go for that one, I'd do it now.
                          -Deb
                          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                          X